[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

This sounds awesome. TONS of great ideas. MM and Jakisthe, you guys effin ROCK!

Just a thought for future consideration...

What about using dragon blood to unlock a few of these vamp abilities somewhere down the line? That's probably been mentioned somewhere already I suspect, but I didn't see it.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah.. I see, well, at least I know I won't have to wait like half a year :D

Keep up the good work!

PS: actually I was thinking; instead of increasing the player speed-mult; why not just create a spell that can be toggled as a key (to make it more convenient) and once it is pressed it activates a spell that slows down time, but increases the movement speed by around 5x or something like that. It shouldn't be too hard, I mean you can use the time effect from that slow down shout, and just add in the speed-mult after the spell is activated; and once it is pressed again, disable the spell and remove the 5x (or whatever) from the speed-mult.

I like that idea and have something *somewhat* similar implemented. Slow Time as a channelled spell. Basically as long as you're concentrating time slows down. It's currently implemented this way as a balance method. As long as you don't get hit you can continue to channel time slow with one hand while using a weapon, or magick, with the other. But... I don't increase the player's speed and combat speed with it, nor is it toggleable. I like the idea of a toggleable version, that also drains mana. There needs to be something that balances this otherwise it gives almost too good of an advantage to the player. The whole idea of slowing down time wasn't to really seem like the vampire had the ability to slow time, but that they were moving so quickly and from the player's perspective still provide a measure of control. If you slow down time to 30% that's a huge relative increase in speed as compared to the NPCs. Do you think an increase in speed is also needed?

So here's an idea...

What if, instead of draining magicka, "Vampire's Speed" as it's called now, drained Stamina? It seems like a more reasonable stat to drain because the vampire's speed is due to raw power, not necessarily magic.

-MM

This sounds awesome. TONS of great ideas. MM and Jakisthe, you guys effin ROCK!

Just a thought for future consideration...

What about using dragon blood to unlock a few of these vamp abilities somewhere down the line? That's probably been mentioned somewhere already I suspect, but I didn't see it.

Thanks Phill11. I know I haven't given it any consideration yet. Jakisthe might have. I do KNOW that there's another mod that's being worked on where that is something they are considering. I think it was budz42's mod. It's an interesting idea to consider, perhaps some perks.

Oh, I wanted to get some feedback on a new spell I worked out last night called "Blood Rend". It's a channelled spell and works like absorb health but here's how it behaves.

When in a fight, you equip "Blood Rend". As you channel the spell, you will begin to absorb the health of anyone within 20 feet that is hostile to you. Each individual has streams of red absorb particles that extend from them to you as you do this. For every person that has the effect you lose 2 additional magicka, while absorbing 5 health (perhaps this should be more) on top of the 10 mana per second it costs to continue channelling it. I also thought of including the reanimation of any corpses that you killed from this effect but it's not in there. I also thought about having these people "bleed" from the effect... you are in effect, rending the blood from them.

-MM

ah.. I see, well, at least I know I won't have to wait like half a year :D

Keep up the good work!

PS: actually I was thinking; instead of increasing the player speed-mult; why not just create a spell that can be toggled as a key (to make it more convenient) and once it is pressed it activates a spell that slows down time, but increases the movement speed by around 5x or something like that. It shouldn't be too hard, I mean you can use the time effect from that slow down shout, and just add in the speed-mult after the spell is activated; and once it is pressed again, disable the spell and remove the 5x (or whatever) from the speed-mult.

I like that idea and have something *somewhat* similar implemented. Slow Time as a channelled spell. Basically as long as you're concentrating time slows down. It's currently implemented this way as a balance method. As long as you don't get hit you can continue to channel time slow with one hand while using a weapon, or magick, with the other. But... I don't increase the player's speed and combat speed with it, nor is it toggleable. I like the idea of a toggleable version, that also drains mana. There needs to be something that balances this otherwise it gives almost too good of an advantage to the player. The whole idea of slowing down time wasn't to really seem like the vampire had the ability to slow time, but that they were moving so quickly and from the player's perspective still provide a measure of control. If you slow down time to 30% that's a huge relative increase in speed as compared to the NPCs. Do you think an increase in speed is also needed?

So here's an idea...

What if, instead of draining magicka, "Vampire's Speed" as it's called now, drained Stamina? It seems like a more reasonable stat to drain because the vampire's speed is due to raw power, not necessarily magic.

-MM

I still think it should increase the speed because even if it slowed down time by 50%, it would kinda seem a little bit too underpowered for a vampire; I just like my idea better cause I'm used to True Blood's vampire concept. Yes, it should probably cost stamina instead of magicka, makes a little bit more sense.

I still think it should increase the speed because even if it slowed down time by 50%, it would kinda seem a little bit too underpowered for a vampire; I just like my idea better cause I'm used to True Blood's vampire concept. Yes, it should probably cost stamina instead of magicka, makes a little bit more sense.

So, the generic slow time effect doesn't actually seem to put the player at the exact same speed as normal speed (or maybe it's just me). I'll try adding in a speed and attack speed multiplier to it and adjust it up tonight, along with a toggle, and convert it to draining stamina.

I need to go back and for balancing make sure that we provide a decent balance between magicka based spells/abilities and stamina based abilities because making everything dependent on magicka alone will hurt players that focus primarily on non magick based skills. Thanks for the ideas deama.

-MM

The bloodrend should take more and cost more as in late game 5 pt of life are not thatmutch amd.it need to.cost.more

That makes sense. I've honestly spent so much time modding lately I haven't gotten ANY of my three characters above around level 26 so have no idea what late game health even looks like. That gives me another idea... truly scaleable spell damage based on player level. I have no idea what that should look like but I could probably guess by looking at the levelled lists and checking the average health of the NPCs at each level.

Thanks for the suggestion!

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

WELL my charactar that i play on now are around 40-50 and i must use several 50-pts fireballs to kill most of my enemies (well i i dont just cut of their heads with an claymore

just use a good difficulty mod :S

nha dont need it :P i think it is good like it is. it was just to pint out that the spell needs to be at mostsomewere around that 50 pt not op but not underpower :P