[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

PS: can you make a water walking spell or ...<snip>

Waterwalking In Skyrim was really implemented without the player in mind but I haven't given up. What I do have in a proof of concept is more....water....skipping? You have to constantly jump otherwise you sink. Not exactly the most graceful implementation...

... or thing that activates when your in vampire speed; it supposed to, again, represent how fast the vampire really is.

What do you mean by this part? There's two things planned, and one of those is implemented right now.

1) You toggle Vampire Speed as a power and it slows down time to represent how fast you can really move. Drains stamina. This is done

2) Extra boost of speed when Sprinting (TBD)

Maybe I read that wrong. Do you mean that when you're using Vampire Speed (where time slows down) ALSO be able to walk on water? sort of like you're walking so fast you can't sink?

-MM

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he means he wants some kind of "vampire sprinting=able to not sink in water", either by a spell or however he proposed.

Which is...interesting, but I dunno. There's....enough on our plate atm. I'm not even gunna post my future plans until what we have is ironed out, lest this discussion explode :ohdear:

EDIT: Phil, I haven't had the chance yet (as .hkx files do not play nice with max at all), but the problem is that feeding can be done on any character...not necessarily standing ones. Leaning, sitting, moving, talking, etc...a very different issue than sleeping characters.

Edited by Jakisthe

I think he means he wants some kind of "vampire sprinting=able to not sink in water", either by a spell or however he proposed.

Which is...interesting, but I dunno. There's....enough on our plate atm. I'm not even gunna post my future plans until what we have is ironed out, lest this discussion explode :ohdear:

EDIT: Phil, I haven't had the chance yet (as .hkx files do not play nice with max at all), but the problem is that feeding can be done on any character...not necessarily standing ones. Leaning, sitting, moving, talking, etc...a very different issue than sleeping characters.

Allowing a Vampire Sprint ability to let you move on top of water really would be cool. I add my vote to that! Even if it's months down the line. As far as Vampire Speed (slow time) goes, doesn't it slow your character down slightly too? If so, that might make it slightly annoying to use to cross bodies of water.

Regarding the Bite animation, when I was asking people if they might be able help, a few of them did mention that it would be difficult trying to get animations to work on NPCs that were already using some other animation/behavior, e.g talking or leaning or something. But it seems like there should be a way to halt NPC animations and make them return to a default position. That way, when you make a custom animation you don't have to worry about a doing more than one for standing NPCs, and one for sitting ones. Perhaps you could make the custom animation look as if your player is kind of grabbing the NPC in order to force them into that 'default' position. You know, to make the transition look smoother.

Edited by phil11

Status update:

After a VERY VERY long night of debugging, and figuring out just how terribly difficult it is to keep track of aliases when people start/stop quests I think I've managed to work it out. Let me just say, I can now stop and start the quest script that controls Belua Vampirism at any point. Before being a vampire, after being a vampire, and after turning into a Belua Vampire, and everything still works the way it should.

So... to get all this working flawlessly I implemented a new Belua Vampire Questline which having never worked with quests before, was not a pleasant task and still doesn't progress but it's kind of fun to see the light at the end of the tunnel. There's so much I don't know about the questing system.

So...if you load a game that's NEVER had this new version of the mod active before (and that would be...100% of you out there) you'll immediately see something along the lines of "Quest Started: Belua Sanguinare" and then the first task. Become a vampire. Yeah, cheese. I know, but I didn't build the framework with a flair for immersion yet. And...it pretty much stops there. lol. Stage 2 will be to "Become a Belua Sanguinare Vampire" (once I figure out quest progression)

However, once you are a vampire (regardless of whether the quest progresses or not) you get a vial of Belua Sanguinare blood. If you drink it, you become a Belua Sanguinare vampire and you get your journal.

If you stop and start the quest at any time, it all continues to work, hunger stays hooked up, your journal stays intact, no duplicate journal bugs or duplicate blood vials, or all manner of things that had me pulling out my hair tonight....ahhhh.... I can finally relax and my brain can stop buzzing for a while. Hopefully sleep will set in soon.

Sorry all, no other real progress to speak of. Early I was just happy I got a framework established, tonight I'm elated that I ironed out the remaining bugs that were haunting me and hopefully from this point forward can focus on adding and polishing the remaining feature set. I've been so flustered the last two days, heck, I don't even remember what I was supposed to be doing!!!

-MM

Implemented regular aceleration of the vampire when sprinting. Added imagespacemodifier effect, and did some testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhz7ZqZQqyw&feature=youtube_gdata

Sprint Speed increases with Vampire Level:

Fledgling - 10%

Risen - 25%

Master - 50%

Progenitor 75%

Sire - 100%

Watch the video and let me know if those are too low/too high.

-MM

I think it should be faster, something like this:

Fledgling - 25%

Risen - 40%

Master - 65%

Progenitor 90%

Sire - 125%

I also strongly suggest the speed should be faster. At most levels I barely see a difference. Vampires are supposed to have SUPERHUMAN strength and speed. I am thinking it should be

Fledgling - 50% faster

Risen - 75%

Master - 100%

Progenitor 125%

Sire - 150%

Carry weight

Fledgling +50

Risen - +75

Master +100

Progenitor +125

Sire + 150