[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

Hey, when the beta is out I want people to think of some good names. I want some replaces for things like Vampire's Kiss, and Drain Blood. based on how they work and whatnot. Knock Knock Knocking...

-MM

For drain blood howabout one of these:

Attero vita (Destroy, waste, weaken, impair/ Life)

absorbeo sanguis (absorb blood)

absorbeo vita (absorb life)

Vita Vesco (Life feed)

Comburo Vita (consume life)

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, when the beta is out I want people to think of some good names. I want some replaces for things like Vampire's Kiss, and Drain Blood. based on how they work and whatnot. Knock Knock Knocking...

-MM

For the go to sleep power howabout:

Adduco somnus (persuade/charm/influence sleep)

This is my googling attempt at Latin. Any Latin expert out there please correct me.

Hmmm...missing that ring to it... According to google Somnus is the NOUN form of sleep. I.e. Sleep as a condition rather to got to sleep as a verb but then I'm no latin expert either.

Speaking of ... Got back together with my Romanian friend and she said that a lot of the translations into Romanian would just not sound right when spelled in english, and if spelled phonetically would just be laughable for most of them so.... Since I want to keep the language count down (we're already mixing some latin and italian) I think we'll forget about romanian naming conventions.

-MM

Dormi Somnus ?

-MM

For drain blood howabout one of these:

Attero vita (Destroy, waste, weaken, impair/ Life)

absorbeo sanguis (absorb blood)

absorbeo vita (absorb life)

Vita Vesco (Life feed)

Comburo Vita (consume life)

Love the suggestions! Holy cow we're at 54 pages now!?! Where's our release manager we need to get this out to our testers! :)

We definitely need some well versed latin lovers here. Unfortunaley Phil11 (our resident expert) is away for a few months. I'm hoping we can make him proud on his return! :) Yes...I know all that sounds random. I'm in a mood. :)

Dormi Somnus ?

That's like "Sleeping Sleep" :)

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

Internet fixed!

Well not really but bf is letting me use his computer!

Newest copy tested!

Flew to High Hrothgar!

Levitated from HH to Volunruud!

Everything working as intended!

No bugs found!

Writing up beta documentation now...

Edited by Jakisthe

</excited>

The day has come! Thank you Jakisthe for managing the distribution! After we've worked on this non-stop since mid-January it's very difficult to sit back and take an objective view on the progress and changes we've made. I hope the beta meets or exceeds your expectation but if it does not, please use this opportunity to provide constructive feedback on what would make the experience more enjoyable. I feel like we've made the vampire experience a little more dynamic but there's only so much feedback that can be gained from frank discussion without having played the mod. I'm excited that at this point most of our active thread participants have the mod in hand and now have an opportunity to provide real feedback from playing the mod and experiencing it first hand. We mentioned this in the Beta Documentation but I wanted to put this out on the forums for all:

A big thanks to our active supporters on the Nexus Forums. Your continued input, constructive feedback and suggestions have kept us progressing forward and allowed us to shape the mod in a way that fits our vision.

•  
  • ElricShan
  • Darksun45230
  • WiseMan999
  • Leeira
  • Deama
  • Phil11
  • Yota71
  • FranzLiszt
  • Nskin039

And another thanks to those that helped us with some questions or quandaries along the way:

•  
  • RedWood Elf – assistance with scripting
  • RandoomNoob – assistance with scripting
  • Draeka – assistance with scripting/flying discussion
  • Theru – Asistance with animations (not yet used)

Now get out there and make a mess of things!

-Jakisthe and MofoMojo

UPDATE: Sleep progression error found. Update forthcoming ASAP.

In the meantime, I'm allowing the use of cheats to progress vampire levels ONLY WHEN you've reached what should otherwise be the requirements. No way I can track that for you guys, of course, but cheating to bypass the requirements entirely kinda defeats the point of the test. :armscrossed:

Sleep issue fixed! Look below.

Any other progression based bugs found (ie, ones that prevent you from changing vampire levels), please let me know in the PM thread I started with you. Other bugs (anomalies, graphical flickers, etc), consolidate for the end report.

Edited by Jakisthe

UPDATE: Sleep progression error found. Update forthcoming ASAP.

In the meantime, I'm allowing the use of cheats to progress vampire levels ONLY WHEN you've reached what should otherwise be the requirements. No way I can track that for you guys, of course, but cheating to bypass the requirements entirely kinda defeats the point of the test. :armscrossed:

Any other progression based bugs found (ie, ones that prevent you from changing vampire levels), please let me know in the PM thread I started with you. Other bugs (anomalies, graphical flickers, etc), consolidate for the end report.

All,

:wallbash: :psyduck: :facepalm: :confused:

So sorry...stupid mistake on my part. I've neglected testing that for so long that when I added some hunger updates back to sleeping I errantly caused the OnSleepStop event functions from completing and thus no progression. My sincerest apologies. It's no fun being a Fledgling.

Please download the following:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67941642/mm_BeluaVampireQuestScript.pex

And just overwrite the one in your \scripts directory for an immediate fix.

-MM