[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

I'm having a problem with 'Blink' at Master level. If I equip the spell as dual wield it works but then I can't see my hands or equipped items anymore. Any suggestions?

Is this using 1.2.5? I no longer use calls to SetAlpha so I'm somewhat surprised but.... does this only happen when you dual wield? The spell wasn't designed to be dual wielded so that might be part of the problem. I'll disable dual wielding the spell.

As a side note, I have noticed with Mist Form that this happens occassionally (you get stuck in transparent state) due to some issue with the engine. Saving the game actually triggers a fix in that case...just don't save over your quick save or something in case it doesn't help.

-MM

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to give an update. I'm still holding out on releasing the 1.2.6 update which has some features that have been requested until we can get more testing done. I'd feel much better releasing it if they'd release the creation kit updates that provides compatibility between the differences in the 1.6.89 update and the previous. We're going to hold off for now.

More on Dawnguard -

Dawnguard is going to be an interesting beast. I know it's easy to say they probably haven't revamped vampirism much but there's one important thing to consider. Dawnguard adds a Perk Tree for Vampire's,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv23p_ZFBB8

I'm not so interested in the fact that there's a Perk tree (which is wonderful and something I've always wanted to do) but I'm MUCH more excited about the facts behind having a perk tree. I.e. In order to have a Perk Tree you generally have to have it associated with a skill. Which means, they've potentially added Vampirism as a skill which is something I've wanted since the beginning and opens up so many interesting ideas. Now it's quite possible they've simply gimped a different unused skill to hack this in, or they combined some previous skills like they did in the gamejam videos but I find this unlikely. At least, I would hope they'd code this proper rather than hack and slash like some of us modders have had to do.

So... if vampirism becomes its own skill... I'm going to be both ecstatic and depressed. Ecstatic because I've always held to the notion that levelling as a vampire should be based on doing "Vampiric" activities. Feeding, Draining Victims, Using vampiric abilities such as slow fall, thralling, using Darken or Blood Rend, etc,. Depressed because it's how I wanted to design Vampirism from the start of this project but couldn't because of hard coded limitations, and just knowing how much time we've invested in the development of BSR only to ... potentially... get our wish.

Now Jakisthe and I might differ on some of these ideas. t's really been many months since we discussed this and since it was a non-issue without having vampirism as a skill, we didn't focus on it much. But just having a perk tree accessible to us is going to open up so much for us. Perks were something we both wanted to do but I held against doing our own perk tree as I knew at the time it would require changing the base game. I have held fast to the idea that we should NEVER touch the original mechanics of the game to be as compatible as possible, and knowing there would likely be incompatibilities we'd introduced if someone had a version of our mod that changed perk trees along with another mod that did the same (re: lycanthropy for instance).

So all of that said, I think we're definitely in a wait and see on how much vampirism may have changed. They did create a new perk tree....you might infer that they've created a new vampirism skill to create that perk tree, although there are other skills in the game that aren't used that they could just be piggy backing on. Replacing Perk trees has always been possible, but they've most certainly ADDED it (it's hardcoded into the TESV.EXE). If they DID create a Vampirism skill will they utilize it? If they do utilize it, chances are good they've completely re-vamped (hehe) vampirism.

Either way, Dawnguard is going to provide us MUCH content to modify to our liking, we WILL utilize the new Perk Tree and put it to good use and if they've created/renamed a skill to "Vampirism" then chances are good Jakisthe and I are going to have some discussion on how to utilize that in new and interesting ways.

I think the other concern is in deciding whether or not we REQUIRE Dawnguard moving forward once it's released. I personally think most people interested in BSR will purchase Dawnguard so I don't feel too bad about deciding to require it. I know I do not want to have to keep up with different versions of BSR.

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

From what I've seen about the perk tree:

-it only contains perks for the vampire lord, reinforcing my thoughts that they haven't revamped (ha!) normal vampirism

-the skill of vampirism is biting people while in lord form. This is very likely editable, but I've no idea.

Going back to your original ideas, MM, I think it'd be very possible to mesh them with what we have now...it would add a sense of "permanence" that's not tied as directly to vampire level.

I'm having a problem with 'Blink' at Master level. If I equip the spell as dual wield it works but then I can't see my hands or equipped items anymore. Any suggestions?

Is this using 1.2.5? I no longer use calls to SetAlpha so I'm somewhat surprised but.... does this only happen when you dual wield? The spell wasn't designed to be dual wielded so that might be part of the problem. I'll disable dual wielding the spell.

As a side note, I have noticed with Mist Form that this happens occassionally (you get stuck in transparent state) due to some issue with the engine. Saving the game actually triggers a fix in that case...just don't save over your quick save or something in case it doesn't help.

-MM

Yes, I was using 1.2.5 and Yes it does only happen with dual wield. I was using dual wield to try and get a little extra distance but it seems that all I was getting was see-through arms and weapons. Thanks for your response.. and the great mod! I had all but stopped playing Skyrim until I came across Belua Sanguinare. Can't wait to see what you come up with to enhance Dawnguard. Cheers!

Sounds interesting and can't wait to see what happens next.

altho i think the demon-vampire Bethesda placed into the game should have looked more like the vampire from the underworld series, just because, it would look cooler.

Even if it would require them to make the vampire able to fly. 0v0

That looks like dangerous magic!

I think I have a fix for this but right now can't reproduce it. There are very specific conditions for this check but one of them is a random number check against a global value that is 100 by default. Nothing else seems to touch this value except this quest check so....If anyone can try this out:

Set WICommentChanceMagicDangerous to 0

And then let us know if that stops it, I'd be grateful.

-MM

I can't see the vampire perk tree with the mod.

Is there something I should do to see it, apart from drinking the potion?

I remember seeing it the first time I tried this mod and putting a point into the first perk but I can't seem to see it anymore.

As for Dawnguard, MM and I can only guess at the technical side of how they're going to fold in the DG questline+vampire lord transformation. HOPEFULLY, it'll be the case that players without DG will simply not get that questline+transformation when they use the updated-for-DG BSR patch, and players with DG will get the questline...all from one file.

More specifically, for the powers, it seems that Beth is only introducing a quest for after the player had become a vampire, so you should be able to use BSR stuff even if you become a hunter. That is, IF they can't sense you're already a vampire or force cure you...we really can't say.