Graphics card differences?

neveronyx

Over the years, I have bought hardware from pretty much most of the different companies out, with the exception of XFX. When it comes to a 3rd party making video cards, I have had excellent overall performance with hardware made by Sapphire. My first dealings with that company was when I bought a Radeon 7500 for a spare PC, so that I could LAN BF42 when it very first came out.

I have owned video cards from the following companies & have had ZERO problems with each:

1) BFG

2) Sapphire - Last Video Card was Radeon 9800 that I softmodded to 9800 Pro.

3) eVGA - My current 6800 Ultra is from eVGA. It's old & outdated, but still works great.

-MRG

uhm guys, how bout the difference between an nVidia GeForce 8500GT compared to higher models, is there really a big difference when it comes to performance?

From i come from the difference in price of the 8500GT to the 8800GTX is humongous! so i just want to hear from you if there really is a big leap in performance and in what terms specifically..

Thanks! (sorry if its kind of off topic.)

Well... The difference between 8500 and 8800 is HUGE!

The x800 series (7800, 8800, 9800 etc.) is much better in visual quality and performance (and more) than the x500 series.

Like, for example, the 8800 is better than the 9500 in performance. (Don't know if its better than it in visual quality and other stuff, but may also be better than it in that too, I don't know)

They are really just the same cards but sometimes they adjust the core clock for you, also price differntiates and also branding and freeibies differ within sellers of cards, I have only used Sapphie and Inno for my needs as they are very well made and have had a good success. Gainward is also a great make, well chosen.

Archived