Sk8on's Dragon Robes.

SkjoldBjorn

I kinda agree, infact im not sure i will use the dragon priest masks at all. I never use them when i play skyrim myself. But i do think the mask looks better than the original when you think of the hood etc. So far the mask is only for the heavy armored robes, so i might make something myself instead. Using this mask as a placeholder have given me a lot of ideas :)

Progress Picture:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j183/Siomir/Dovahaar.jpg

Still need to work on the Arms. added 2k resolution chainmail to the textures and used a new chestplate. <br>

• 3 weeks later...
There is a team (earlier know as the Fallen Greybeard project) that is working with a similar mod already. So this small project will not be continued. The armor itself will be released if i got time to finnish it, the textures needs to be re-done. All models are finnished (skinny/muscular).

Thank you! :)

I might make something less revealing for women as well, i know how people like revealing armors on their female characters, but i already got a model for females that is more or less identical to the male version, it just needs textures and the same morph process as the 2 other models. Im thinking about including this armor in my Drelas Cottage update that is coming soon, might also make a standalone version for this however.

• 1 month later...

Im just gonna have a short update here.

Im sorry it have taken a long time for you have been waiting for this armor, when the high res package launched i decied to redo all texture from scratch, made a few changes to the textures, but not far away from what it is now, made a few changes to normal maps, also made a new version of the masked cowl, had to make a new UV for this masked version. I also spent a lot of time on my Fjollheimr mod, it was supposed to be small, but my creativity took over and suddenly i was on my way to create something abit more than just a simple house mod. However, im done with that now and have moved back to this project to get it done.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j183/Siomir/Skyrim%20Mods/maskedcowl.jpg

Im very satisfied with the new mask and how it looks, im a little excited to try it ingame, im abit worried that since it will be an open faced helmet some clipping might occur, but i think in the end, the final product will be a lot better than the original masked cowl i made, you can still see that it's just a heavily modified dragonpriest mask however. As you can see the eyes were removed by an alpha channel and i removed the husks by hand in blender and unwrapped a new UV, luckily for me the unwraping was almost identical to the original (still a little annoying that i ca'nt simply add Tri's to the UV itself (correct me if im wrong) that would make workflow smoother.

Im still a little on the edge when it comes to sabatons and gauntlets, im thinking of simply have a retexture of deadric boots/gauntlets (you can see them in my other pictures) but unfortuantly i was unable to solve the clipping issue on the gauntlets. In any case, both of them needs to be modified and retextured, luckily i don't have to do much but a little coloring on those and possibly add a few ornaments of my own so they look more unique.

So far im done with the retexture for both robes for female and male, also the cowl with and without mask are done, just need to drag them through a game test.

Here is a proper picture of the new hood ingame:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j183/Siomir/Skyrim%20Mods/2012-03-31_00001.jpg

The thing sticking out beneath is the beard, i have adjusted to mask a little so most beards should not clip, however, the big bushy beards will clip a little.

The mod will be released with 3 different armor versions

1 hooded without mask

1 hooded with mask

1 armor without hood

The hood will not be released seperately, i had to move verts to fit the hood properly on to this armor, the hood will therefore look very strange on other armors.

I can however make a new hood with mask and without, but you will not be able to use it with the armor without major clipping issues however, so my opinion stands on not having a seperate hood.

I only need to solve a crashing issue with the 1st person model and a small radiant quest.

The mesh works perfectly with big/huge morphing on both genders btw, but the skirt used on female models are parts of the nocturnal robe and that robe seem to have clipping issues with the legs, this is also the case with the vanilla nocturnal robes.

• 1 month later...