I HATE BEING A VAMPIRE

mehungry

Forgot to add that I just cured my self of lycanthropy in the companion questline, and I know I have the vamp thing to do, From what I have read in the game being a Were gives you absolute immunity to vampirism and I hope I did the right thing though there is no hardd and fast answer. Is vampirism a disease? (in this game I mean) . Will the amulet of 100% didease immunity work for the vampire encounters.

Can the last stage be cured, I read somewhere that it could be up to stage 3?? but not sure.

So that extra witch head I now have may have some use! just musing

Vampirism is acquired if you contract Sanguinare Vampiris (was that correct spelling?), so yes it is a diseases. I've fought several vampires as a werewolf but I still don't have it, while my second character contracted it immediately. It can reach stage 4, but that's just hunger. If you feed, your vampirism level goes down.

• 2 weeks later...

On a more serious note, i find a lot of people tend to associate Vampires with these immensely powerful creatures. They've never been that in TES games. Even in Morrowind, the only real advantage of becoming a Vampire was the Clans. Theres a reason Vampires don't generally attain positions of power within the structures of the world in the TES universe.

At the same time, Vampires are WAY stronger to fight than they are to be. Which is strange.

well in skyrim you can find somewhat powerful vampires. like the court mage in solitude. when you use detect undead she glows with the light and she is not an undead or a drugr. so she is a vampire and she is a court mage.

Speaking of which, what is best way to kill them vampires?

If you don't have dawnbreaker and with a high sneak just a old ways fire-based arrow in his/her neck ( a good 3x critical will do the rest, LOL a critical on an undead) will always work, or if you are a werewolf just face him with a sword, you are immune to vampirism (i even feed on a vampire in werewolf form)

Edited by yota71

same here, i always like vampirism but in skyrim it kinda sucks you know, if you are at high level vampirism, npc's will instantly attack you and thats why i was asking if anyone can make a simple mod that can avoid that, i really dont want to sneak around if i want to enter some place/town. well i dont mind with those side effects from vampirism.

i want to be like Blade from blade movie, or even Edward Cullen from twillight, as a vampire or half still they live peacefully among human right .....meeh..

• 2 weeks later...

For the vampire lovers.

There's a nice mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9717

It reverses the stages of vampirism - so your vampire HAS to feed often, and hunger makes him weaker, not stronger. My current character is a vampire (forgot to cure in time), sometimes it's helpful, but not that much (my character is a master in Illusion, Conjuration and Destruction, so I can become invisible or raise the dead enemies without that vampiric abilities).

Two things I like in Skyrim vampires:

1st. I have to think about feeding my character. Food for the living characters is not essential.

2nd. No regeneration in sunlight. So I have to plan my trips carefully.

Edited by landy8