The Thalmor Ignorance

Stormcrown

mainly because Ulfric is a Thalmor asset based on a dossier I picked up at the Thalmor embassy regarding Ulfric and his Thalmor connections.

Dammit how do you hide something in this forum?

Use [*spoiler][/*spoiler] tags, without the asterik, obviously.

Edited by Stormcrown

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mainly because Ulfric is a Thalmor asset based on a dossier I picked up at the Thalmor embassy regarding Ulfric and his Thalmor connections.

Dammit how do you hide something in this forum?

Use [*spoiler][/*spoiler] tags, without the asterik, obviously.

LOL thanks. I was wondering why the usual hide=spoiler wasn't working. Different forum server than what I'm used to.

First, regarding the Aedra. On the stance of power within their own realms, they are on equal stance with the Daedra. They are, however, largely confined to their own domains because of the energy expended in creating Mundus(Nirn) and thus, when manifesting in Tamriel are signifigantly weakened, unless they have a special means of entrance (Martin and the Amulet of Kings, for instance). The Daedra, on the other hand, expended no such energy, and can almost freely transit and interact between Oblivion and Mundus.

The Mer, according to their own beleifs, are decended from Aedra (Who are a type of Et'ada) who gave even more of themselves to create Mundus than the divines did. As such, the acestors of the Mer (Aedra means Ancestor in Aldmeris) lost their godhood altogether. This means the Mer are direct decendants of the gods.

Men, on the other hand, were created by Lorkhan. Lorkhan is viewed at the most evil of Aedra in the Aldmeri traditions, because he tricked the other Aedra into creating Mundus, thus stealing their power.

This fundimental genesis, along with the human relation to Lorkhan, it what causes a great deal of the animosity between Mer and Men, particularly when you look at the Altmer. This becomes increasingly pronounced when you look at Talos, a man who trancended his mortality and became a God, something no Elf has managed to acomplish.

That said, based on his reformation of Cyrodiil before he became one of the Divines, it is safe to assume that Talos acheived a state of CHIM before the divines eleivated him. As such, he probably could have become a Daedra for all he wanted. Or a turnip. Either way, his apothesis is an insult to the lineage of the Mer, which is why some of them (Particularly the ultra conservative Thalmor) refuse to accept it.

Yes, there probably is something of a strategic element to their decision, but the Thalmor are ultimate idealists. Talos the god is an affront to their ideology, and as such they were required to demand his ban.

Does anyone else know what are the other objectives of the Thalmor ? apart from conquering everything and probably enslaving humans and beast races like the Ayleids and banning Talos, what else is in their agenda ? is the banning of talos really all they pursue ?

Theres a lot more to it than that Wraith.

There is something of a growing conspiracy movement online, supported by some of the theoretical big-wigs who i tend to bow to when it comes to matters of lore (These guys are BIG, i mean CHIM big) who argue the Thalmor are trying to, quite literally, destroy the world.

The specifics of the arguement are multitude, convoluted and in some cases confusing, but it centers around the lost divinity of the Mer. In principal, it seems that the Thalmor beleive that if they destroy Mundus, they will release the power which their ancestors gave up, thus becomming Aedra again. The Crystal Tower is already gone, Red Mountain (The Red Tower) has presumably fallen, they had plenty of time to screw up White Gold Tower. All that really remains is the Adamantium Tower in Highrock, and the Snow Tower (Throat of the World).

They are butt hurt because they lost their divinity, and a human became a God.

Woudn't you?

Heck, look at our world. There is a lot of equal "ignorance" going on, and it has made people do the worse kind of things. It is very "Humanlish" to get jealous when somebody get what you think you deserve.

I bet you would be rather butt hurt too if you knew you are the remain of a God-like race, which lost Godhood, and you see the "pet" of that race is becoming Gods. That's like getting a kick to the face right there.

I personally understand them very well. Of course we know Talos is a divine, but that doesn't change how the Thalmor feels. They want to push down the thing they disagrees with, with force, and force people to agree with the religion they feel is true. That is what just about every religion today has been doing since they started. I can at least name a few countries that had man-slaughters because people didn't believe.

Which is generally what this is about: Belief. One can choose to believe, even if there is proof that contradicts it. Heck, that is quite normal.

And we all know the High Elves are arrogant and will do anything to become Divines. It's their charm, if you ask me. Quite like the Dwemer, no?

I think the Thalmor genuinely don't know that Talos is a god. Since Talos worship is banned, they never had a chance to pray at an altar of Talos see for themselves that it can heal them. Those altars probably never existed in the Summerset Isles, as it was not part of the Altmeri belief system even before the Thalmor started.

I wonder, if some Thalmor Justiciers were shown proof of the divinity of Talos, by seeing a shrine heal someone, would they abandon the Thalmor, or remain loyal out of their superiority complex and fear of being tortured for treason? It'd make for an interesting fanifc... I may consider writing something like that- An uprising of truth and rebellion among the Thalmor after seeing a Talos shrine heal.