What i dont undertstand

GoodfellowGoodspring

The Khajiit are outcasts in Skyrim and are barred from entering the walled cities (even though the player can walk in free as a daisy.) Yet with the happenings of the Aldmeri Dominion all the Elven races of Skyrim are *widely* accepted despite their races tearing up and warmongering in Tamriel, while the beast races who have nothing wrong apart from look different and a small minority of them be associated with crime, are treated as second class citizens and are hated and brought into slavery! Reminds me of racism in the real world :rolleyes:

Yeah, Beth was probably trying to give that impression. What more can be said? Prejudice is irrational.

It would make more sense to ban the elves, but the Jarls probably don't think it's worth it since they've been living with the human populations for years, while there are relatively few beast races in Skyrim (at least from what I can tell).

Well, don't forget Windhelm. Of course they allow elves in, but the Dunmer are forced to live in the ghetto, and the Argonias on the docks. Think one High Elf said she was treated just as badly as the dark elves, but has made use of herself and they treat her a little better. Of course the cats have to stay outside in the cold, which is fine cause they have fur. lol I still wonder how Argonians can live and thrive in Skyrim.

Nords are the most racist of all the native populations yet.

I think it's just supposed to be a sign of the times. Given the fact that Tamriel has just been through one 'Great War' and is gearing up for another, it stands to reason that people everywhere are going to be hate-filled and xenophobic.

The Khajiit are outcasts in Skyrim and are barred from entering the walled cities (even though the player can walk in free as a daisy.) Yet with the happenings of the Aldmeri Dominion all the Elven races of Skyrim are *widely* accepted despite their races tearing up and warmongering in Tamriel, while the beast races who have nothing wrong apart from look different and a small minority of them be associated with crime, are treated as second class citizens and are hated and brought into slavery! Reminds me of racism in the real world :rolleyes:

In Skyrim the Khajiit are segregated, because too many think they are all thieves and scum. The Khajiit then have to do their living as criminals since they have no other way, since they segregated from all legit methods of income. Some circle they got there.

The Khajiit-PC being able to freely enter/leave is kinda anoter weak spot of game builders. I suppose it once again would have exploded their limits what they can do, if they would have to had all sort of alternative quest lines for the Khajiit-PC not being able to enter cities to either get that allowness or work around it.

The Khajiit-PC being able to freely enter/leave is kinda anoter weak spot of game builders. I suppose it once again would have exploded their limits what they can do, if they would have to had all sort of alternative quest lines for the Khajiit-PC not being able to enter cities to either get that allowness or work around it.

Ive only briefly tested out a Kahjiit character so tell me if im wrong, its just that in my time as playing as one i was treated the same as other races and wasnt spat at or had a villager say a few nasty words or something. I would have expected some sort of beast-race only quest to be activated when talking to a town guard where you would need to bribe or gain trust with them or something, just to keep up the illusion that the world is real and not everything runs around you, (which it does.)

Edited by GoodfellowGoodspring

nothing in bethesda (edit: oops, meant skyrim) can be compared to real life, at all.

But just to mention it the nords do hate the elves a lot, and Ulfric has confined the dunmer into the gray quarter for instance, i think other jarls dont want them in their cities at all, but need to tolerate them because its politically correct.

Edited by Wraithofdoom

The perception of the Khajit is not a good one anywhere. By and large, those who leave Elswyr are smugglers, theives, assassins and general nere-do-wells. The Khajit are also almost exclusivly responsible for the Skooma trade, which, as with all drugs, is a blight on functional civilization.

Its a case of a few (hundred) bad apples ruining the rest of the bunch.

As for the representation being inauthentic, look at the treatment of Arabs in the states. Known problem makers, drug trafickers and arms dealers come and go into the country every day, but an Arab (Even if their not muslim) gets stopped and searched at customs. The issue with the Khajit is a midrocausm, albeit a exagerate done, for what goes on in the world all the time.