Mega Man Blaster idea

raihuhoha

The Commonwealth had introduced a unique friend/foe for us to experience; the Institute. It got me thinking about Mega Man and how they had unique weapons at the touch of their hand. For a majority of these robots, their weapons were an extension of their body. For a select few, their extensions could use multiple types of ammo.

So I have been toying with the idea in my head about how to get it to work, but unfortunately I do not have the skills with making it work. Two ideas:

1. The Ballistic Fist (New Vegas)
If you are unfamiliar with this beauty from New Vegas, it was an unarmed weapon with a wrist mounted shotgun attached to the top to help amplify the damage with every punch. Instead of using it as a punching weapon, why not use it as a wrist cannon?

2. Power Fist
This badboy would be a beautiful base for an actual hand cannon modification. The hand and wrist is encased in a supportive brace that would allow adjustments to be added on (armor plating, cannon head, etc.). This would require more work.

On top of all that, a unique feature can be changing the ammunition type at a workbench. For example:

• Flamer Modification (Ammo) (Fire Man, Heat Man, etc)
  • Cryo Modification (Ammo) (Ice Man)
  • Milssile (Ammo) (Bomb Man, Crash Man, etc)
  • Gauss Modification (Charged Shot) (Mega Buster)

Thoughts? Yay? Nay?