Mod problems

Samuslovr1

I also suggest that you boot up the CS and load your body replacement. It honestly looks like to me that the Argonian texture problem isn't the ArchiveInvalidated but the fact that the game is assigning an incorrect texture (the male texture) to the hgec body. This happens to the beast races occasionally. You may want to check that before you spend so much time looking through all your folders.

Erm, excuse me, but since when was the "male" Argonian "green"? That's the females.

The issue with both genders using the same foot texture file is with the Khajiit only. It's defined that way in the Oblivion.esm, and neither Exnem nor HGEC coming with an ESP to rectify this was causing an abundance of trouble in the past. But I'm pretty sure this is exactly what the "EVE Khajiit Fix" the OP's using is for.

The video clearly shows the old Vanilla female Argonian foot texture all over the body but the hands, because HGEC (Exnem) has the hands seperate as the only bodypart "not" using the "foot" texture.

Going by this the racial settings seem to be perfectly right and the HGEC meshes are also in place and working properly, else the body wouldn't look like this, in exactly this way. It is clearly something wrong with the texture files from HGEC, as if they weren't installed to begin with, or the game's not using them. The latter is caused by Archive Invalidation going wrong, but from the ini excerpt it should be properly applied.

The meshes being in place and working also tells it can't be the "Steam" Archive Invalidation issue either, as then not even meshes would work, nothing would work.

Now why is it still the Vanilla foot texture used there?

Did you by chance install the game to the default location, somewhere inside program files, and now the UAC (since you're on Win 7) is lying to you, pretending those files were inside there, while it actually put them away some place the game can't find them now?

But if that was the case, why did the meshes work?!

I noticed you're having 2 different packages for HGEC in your OMOD list there, the EVE one active, the other not. I know original HGEC didn't include "any" textures at all and required original Exnem's texture files (or proper hi-res replacements for example) to even work at all. EVE should've fixed this by including own textures by now, but I really can't know what's inside your packages and what isn't. Maybe this could be related, since it's only Exnem/HGEC textures missing entirely. Btw. what's with the other NPCs, the other races? Are they working properly, or does it just "appear" to be looking alright? Plain skin textures without any noticable structures inside blurrily stretched all over the body are hard to notice, if one doesn't know what to look out for.

I repeat, "settings" (ESP, load order, etc.) seem to be alright, "meshes" seem to be alright, even clothing replacers are installed and working, only "textures" seem to be missing entirely or aren't used by the game. I suggest checking further into this direction.

Additionally, taking your last post into account, the HGEC mod you installed seems likely (as in I don't know for sure but it looks like it) to be one "without" textures just as I thought, which would explain all the issues altogether. Forgive me not taking a closer look into it to find out if or if not textures are included, it's not in the description, that's up to you to check now.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

I did install it to the default location (C:\Prgrams files\etc etc) so the UAC may be causing this. Oh, and I'm not using the steam version, I'm using the GOTY store-bought disk version.

All other races seem to be fine, however the HGEC I installed did not come with textures. I just installed a hi-res tecture pack, but it didn't come with any beast textures. Can anyone reccomend one?

Ahh, my apologies Drake, it was late and I obviously wasn't thinking clearly!

Samus, I used to know of a really good one just for argonians and khajiit that actually makes the hands, feet, and body all actually meld together much better. If I can find it again I will send you the link. It is here on the nexus, I just can't remember its exact name...

Glad I could be of assistance (although I believe drake did more help than me!) I wish I could help with the flickering problem, but I don't have any experience with that mod. There is some sort of website that is more devoted to that genre, you may want to see if you can unearth something in google! Edited by kingtitan

No need to apologize to me, never ever.

Your statement just didn't fit my observations from the video and I thought it'd be better I stop the thought process going into the wrong direction from this before the OP's wasting time. (boy, that "does" sound offensive now rereading it, should be more careful with my wording)

Whenever I correct someone else's post, and boy, do I feel uneasy doing so, it's rather like "I know you'll agree once you think of it". I'm really afraid I could sometimes be coming across like "hah, you stupid? why you telling this nonsense?!" THIS is definitely never my intention! And I hope I didn't sound like that. If I did, then I apologize.

So it was indeed the textures missing entirely. Glad that got sorted out.

I'm always glad when I was of some help.

Sadly I can't help with the "flickering" either. I've never seen something like this myself. Sorry.

No need to apologize to me, never ever.

Your statement just didn't fit my observations from the video and I thought it'd be better I stop the thought process going into the wrong direction from this before the OP's wasting time. (boy, that "does" sound offensive now rereading it, should be more careful with my wording)

Whenever I correct someone else's post, and boy, do I feel uneasy doing so, it's rather like "I know you'll agree once you think of it". I'm really afraid I could sometimes be coming across like "hah, you stupid? why you telling this nonsense?!" THIS is definitely never my intention! And I hope I didn't sound like that. If I did, then I apologize.

Ha no offense taken! I think of it more along the lines of me being stopped before I make myself sound like even more of an idiot! I knew that khajiit have that problem when installing a body mod, and presumed that argonians had the same issue. I wasn't even close to offended and I most certainly respect the fact that you have more experience than most in this area, myself included! And I'll personally gladly take any opportunity I can to learn from those more experienced than I!

Anyway, I thought about the flickering issue... could it possibly have anything to do with how the pose .nif is set up? I easily could be wrong, just kinda throwing ideas out there...

Edited by kingtitan