Serious trouble with the Creation Kit

Hey guys, i got a really big problem with the CK and could use some help. I use the Better Locational Damage mod with all the custom weapon packs and and the leveled lists patch. Thing is, it´s a really nice combination of gameplay changes and basically i like it, but...i just wanted to change a few things here and there, for example, make npc´s generally use ammo, or use a few of the cool models to replace the vanilly ones simply using them as templates- like the glock 17 for the 10mm pistol. So, when i save my changes and go ingame, or when i load the plugin again in Geck, everything is totally messed up. The models i left untouched are bugged too. When i load the plugin the second time, Geck gives me weird duplicate warnings for every gun i touched...Could the problem be, that the masters are esp´s instead of esm´s? If so, how could the mod-author create the patches then? And would it make sense, to change every "master esp" into an esm? It´s really confusing and frustrating...thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english;)