Roleplaying in Skyrim

kaiser91

Female Cosmetic Infestation  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel the amount of female cosmetics has gone too far?

• Yes
    • No
    • I simply cannot fap to the pixels from before.

I look upon the top files of the Skyrim Nexus, and I find myself disturbed by what's there. The huge collection of cosmetic mods, nude mods, mods that only show more cleavage than gameplay. This concerns me because it makes it far more difficult for those of us who play as males to find mods that apply to us.

My question is why? When I play an RPG, I play as who I want to be. As opposed to someone of the opposite gender. The sheer amount of cosmetic mods are evidence of the following in my opinion:

1: Sexual Depravity, desire for a "Perfect Partner" even in a virtual universe.

2: Gender Confusion, people who were denied to play dress-up with barbies as a child take this opportunity to.

3: Do not give me "Would you rather stare at a man's ass during gameplay?" bs, if your primary concern in a video game is what type of ass you're staring at, why buy it?

So I ask you, why? Either some severe gender confusion is going on or you're increasing your one-handed skill in real life as you play.

Not going to even comment on the perversion that is the nude mod.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not one for the nude mods, but I play characters of both genders. I have Mortis Netherblade the Dark Elf assassin and Luna Nightveil (she is stealthy and focuses on alteration/illusion as well as professions). I don't have a problem playing a male or female character. Many of the mods to enhance characters just improve the quality from what Bethesda has provided.

The first 2 assumptions are obvious trolls.

The third one I take you seriously, but I disagree. Some people are like you where they want to play seriously and others enjoy mixing it up. Me, I like playing as both genders. Why, well it has nothing to do with my sexual desire (not that I don't enjoy looking at animated boobies) but because with women, there's such a vast amount of options to make your character look sexy/bad ass. I'll play this character seriously as I would if I were to play as some brute male looking character.

The first 2 assumptions are obvious trolls.

The third one I take you seriously, but I disagree. Some people are like you where they want to play seriously and others enjoy mixing it up. Me, I like playing as both genders. Why, well it has nothing to do with my sexual desire (not that I don't enjoy looking at animated boobies) but because with women, there's such a vast amount of options to make your character look sexy/bad ass. I'll play this character seriously as I would if I were to play as some brute male looking character.

No trolls here.

No trolls here.

Well I guess I said that because I've never been forthcoming to my dad about my fascination with barbie dolls. Ya'know, the whole denial bit.

Barbie dolls were just an example. If you want to defend the whole female-cosmetic modding than do so logically.

I think a good question to tack onto yours, OP, is why the female character models are all so... stringy. Even strong, Warrior women look like they belong on the cover of a fashion mag.

If you go around all day swinging a sword, you should at least have some definition. I mean, come on! :confused:

I didn't vote, because I didn't feel that the question or answers had anything to do with the issue of roleplay in Skyrim. I'd remind the OP that until the CK comes out, the vast majority of modders can't make anything other than cosmetic changes to the game. So, yes, the top files are going to be retextures and new skins. Does this mean that this is all people want in terms of mods? Of course not. It simply illustrates the current limits of the technology.

I am a straight male in real life, and every one of my characters (in any RPG, not just Skyrim) are male. I have both male and female nude skins for every FO/TES game that has been released to date. I also have hunger and thirst mods, but, just like the nude skins, I didn't install them to satisfy my real life needs. I installed them because TES games are an immersive experience, and these mods help reinforce the illusion of reality. If the occasional nipple or butt crack is so very offensive to you, then don't download them. But don't put yourself on a pedestal and pass judgement on the rest of the community, just because we don't all share your repressive 18th century mentality.

I didn't vote, because I didn't feel that the question or answers had anything to do with the issue of roleplay in Skyrim. I'd remind the OP that until the CK comes out, the vast majority of modders can't make anything other than cosmetic changes to the game. So, yes, the top files are going to be retextures and new skins. Does this mean that this is all people want in terms of mods? Of course not. It simply illustrates the current limits of the technology.

I am a straight male in real life, and every one of my characters (in any RPG, not just Skyrim) are male. I have both male and female nude skins for every FO/TES game that has been released to date. I also have hunger and thirst mods, but, just like the nude skins, I didn't install them to satisfy my real life needs. I installed them because TES games are an immersive experience, and these mods help reinforce the illusion of reality. If the occasional nipple or butt crack is so very offensive to you, then don't download them. But don't put yourself on a pedestal and pass judgement on the rest of the community, just because we don't all share your repressive 18th century mentality.

How does underwear break immersion? When you steal someones armor do you also take their undergarments?