Determine what mods are being used in a save?

jnipz

I was updating mods today and for some reason when I load the game it says "This save relys on content that is no longer present" I select yes and it CTD. I can start a new game without issue.

Is there a way to look at the save file and determine what mods are being used in that save?

Did you remove any mods or only update mods?

If you've only updated mods it may be that you need to do a clean install of the update (remove the mod, make a save without it present, apply the update, play Skyrim).

If you've removed one or more mods it may be that you had an item equipped from that mod when you removed it. This is a potential source of CTD and you should reapply the mod(s), use the console to remove the item from your character completely, make a save, and then uninstall the mod.

It could also be that the mod(s) in question either had a script running that left something in a non-vanilla state (weather mods have caused this since Morrowind. Basically, your current weather is something the game doesn't have resources for in the vanilla version causing it to CTD) or saved something into your character file that calls for non-vanilla resources. If it's the latter there may be no way to play that save without the mod(s) anymore, if it's the former there may or may not be a way to change the state of the source of your CTD through the console and I'd advise you to get with the mod's author for further troubleshooting.