Anyone play...

freddycashmercury

First playthrough: ok

Second playthrough: terrible

Third playthrough: GREAT!

*guffaws*

That happened to me with Baldur's Gate 1. I think the whole experience is kinda hit or miss if you're just learning something as in-depth as the D&D ruleset. Especially coming off JRPGs like I was.

Yes, D&D is very complex, and the Bioware Forgotten Realms have massive UIs that are quite overwhelming to those not used to them.

To Jojo Man,

I own Kotor and enjoyed it quite a bit (yet another Bioware game)...I hear Kotor 2 is not bad at all but as you mentioned a notch under Kotor...

Unfortunately I don't have that much time on my hands and can not play so many games so I have to choose...

I first bought Neverwinter Nights II because I wanted to focus on that game (since I had such a blast with the first one) but then because of the reasons explained above I moved on and bought Oblivion (I am still playing and moding).

Right now I am only playing 2 games: Oblivion and Medieval Total War...I am afraid I don't have the time to play something else except if this something else is better than one of those 2. I understand Kotor 2 is a very different games from those mentioned but I don't think it is a superior game from a pure entertainment perspective...and as DoomJockey said if I want to play a Kotor Game I might as well replay Kotor 1...but you are right Kotor 2 from Obsidian was probably their better achievement. The only problem I see with this studio is they can not bit the average mark...

Archived