OBGE V3 Issues

Lutine

I have a few rather odd issues with OBGE V3.

Both a rather mod-breaking.

Celshader+EdgeAA.fx doesn't work for me.

Also, my OBGE settings I change ingame never save. If I save, quit, and restart, none of my shaders are active. :psyduck:

Any recommendations?

I have a few rather odd issues with OBGE V3.

Both a rather mod-breaking.

Celshader+EdgeAA.fx doesn't work for me.

I've been reading into the possible causes for this shader not working, and it seems the cause is the EdgeAA aspect, as it is not compatible with OBGE v3. However, the Celshader aspect will work if the EdgeAA is disabled. To do this, you'll need to open the 'Celshader+EdgeAA.fx' file (which is found in the 'Oblivion\Data\Shaders' folder) in Notepad and change these settings in the tweakable variables list to the following:

#undef	EDGE_MASK
#undef	EDGE_AA
#undef	USEWILLOWGAMEDATA

Also, my OBGE settings I change ingame never save. If I save, quit, and restart, none of my shaders are active. :psyduck:

The best way around this is to use the Shaderlist method of enabling shaders. In the 'Oblivion\Data\Shaders' folder, there should be a file with the name Shaderlist.txt (if not, just make a new .txt file with this name). Open this file, and then list the file names of the shaders you want active. So for example, if you wanted Godrays, DoF, Volumetric SSAO and MDLAA enabled, you would list them like this:

Godrays.fx
DepthOfField.fx
Volumetric_SSAO.fx
MDLAA.fx

After this, you will need to open your OBGE.ini file (found in 'My Documents\My Games\Oblivion') and make sure the UseEffectList setting is set as 'bUseEffectList=1'.

Finally, you will need to disable the OBGE Support ESP plugin. While this does remove the ability to toggle the shaders on or off in-game, it forces OBGE to use the Shaderlist and therefore automatically activate on load the shaders listed in the file.

Edited by SilverCobra126

Thanks for the tip on keeping the shaders intact.

Unfortunately, for Celshader+EdgeAA, what I wanted was the EdgeAA, as the other available AA is simply not very good.

Would there be any other possible solutions for AA?

The shader I personally use for AA is MDLAA. Out of all the AA shaders I've used so far, this gives the most noticable improvement IMO.

There are also several other AA shaders which are not included in the Standalone Effects package hosted here on the Nexus, most notably MFXAA and SMAA. You can find the package containing them here (choose the installer type you prefer to use):

OBGE Standalone Effects v3.1 EXE installer version

OBGE Standalone Effects v3.1 BAIN installer version