The World Without Humans

thekid345

Yes, nature does have a way of fixing itself, like when mammals rose to power after the extinction of the dinosaurs.

Do you think the excess of carbon dioxide will lead to above natural plant level growths? That could lead to the world being a bit more jungly....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, nature does have a way of fixing itself, like when mammals rose to power after the extinction of the dinosaurs.

Do you think the excess of carbon dioxide will lead to above natural plant level growths? That could lead to the world being a bit more jungly....

I believe that the biggest reason for nature to grow back is because we wouldn't be holding it back anymore. We are the most destructive thing that nature has "seen". Of course jungle wouldn't invade in everywhere as it needs a specific type of climate to grow. Also the deserts, at least the biggest ones, would probably stay as deserts.

All I'm suggesting is that there may be a 'spike' in plant growth due to excess carbon dioxide. Te plans may grow to fast, and there won't be enough carbon dioxide (now there's something you never expected to hear) to support them and some may die off.

All I'm suggesting is that there may be a 'spike' in plant growth due to excess carbon dioxide. Te plans may grow to fast, and there won't be enough carbon dioxide (now there's something you never expected to hear) to support them and some may die off.

I doubt that... animal populations will be exploding as well, and trees, rainforest in particular, support a hell of a lot of biomass. most trees have teenyweeny CO2 generators all over them, in the form of birds, insects... you name it.

• 1 month later...

I believe that life would return to a more... old-fashioned way for a while. Think of a beautiful forest that lasts forever. Animals would do their usual routines for about 5000 years until they evolve. Primates and Canines would most likely be the first to evolve to a superior species where they become bipedal, ambidextrous, and basically become intelligent like humans, except with their usual appearances. Later they will become more advanced with the ability to create technology and be the new dominant species.

This situation has happened, except there were no previous humans. If you believe in human evolution, there is evidence that people were not simply primates, and then formed more human-like characteristics, but actually started as little tree-climbing creatures that looked like some sort of koala bear or muskrat. Those creatures then gave a form of offspring that looked more ape-like, sort of like a monkey. Those creatures then became bigger and became the more familiar form of human, which looked like a hairy man who has not exacly learned to walk on two legs. After that they became bi-pedal and evolved to the next familiar stages such as the "Neanderthal" and so forth.

I believe that the biggest reason for nature to grow back is because we wouldn't be holding it back anymore. We are the most destructive thing that nature has "seen". Of course jungle wouldn't invade in everywhere as it needs a specific type of climate to grow. Also the deserts, at least the biggest ones, would probably stay as deserts.

Besides the fact that we aren't holding nature back and that nature will do what it wants when it wants(Myanmar and Katrinia), I would say it's laughable to think that Humans are the most destructive catalysts that nature has ever witnessed.

Some millions years ago, the planet was being bombarded by hundreds of thousands of meteorites that would make the Hiroshima disaster look like a mess on aisle 7.

What is more, some million years ago, the Earth went through a period where poisonous gas(Oxygen) was taking over the atmosphere and thus killing whatever life remained on the planet.

It's funny how people can criticize humanity for destroying life whilst not looking back in time where oxygen was obliterating thousands of uni-cellular organisms.

Instead of complaining and doing nothing maybe we should think and do something. ;)

I had a few theorys back in my stoner collegate days. This was one of them. If you could witness the next 10 million years here is how it would go.

Present-1000 years. Humans mess up, either by some nuclear disaster, or biological bug, or some mistake, we all die. The world becomes alot quiter.

1000-10,000 years. Most traces of human life disappear, Some of the bigger structures may remane, namely buildings built to withstand earthquakes. Geological changes in the earths crust may have happend major fault lines may have sunk below sea level. Trees, Rainforests, swamps, all those natural things comeback, Less Heat out put of humans means the planet cools during this time slightly, maybe plunges the world into a minor ice age. Animals numbers rise, rampant mating ensues, during this time a dominate animal arises, like the humans. But not as intellegent. ( probably be canines as they are the next best thing to understanding humans. maybe pigs. maybe gorillas who knows.)

10,000-1,000,000 years. A few Other animals arise to dominance, a animal might figure out what a stick is a beat something to death with it. So begins the dominte rise of the new creature. around 600,000 ad animals look different, act different and are recovering from natural cycles of the earth which may have plunged into a deep ice age for 20,000 years and warming periods for 40,000 years. Small tribes of sub intelligent life forms cannot survive the constant change in climate, and become extinct. Trees become different. More efficiant filters for greenhouse gasses, air becomes pure again. around 700,000 years allsigns of human life are gone, erosion, time itself contribute.

1,000,000-10,000,000 earth from space would look diffrent, probably green again, some point in time do to the human contact with life on earth in previous time a sentient Intelligent being evolves. Probably dogs, Cats, Maybe birds. Animals who were once domesticated, but needed to adapt quickly to survive, ( i say dogs because as far as man can see the dog is one of the most adaptble creatures ) , plant life could be totally different, depending on various factors. Animal life would become Big again ( mammoths, giant sloths, ect ect ect. )

The world would become noisy again.

who is to say something like this hasnt happened already? Times may very in a more scientific theory, could be more, could be less, could be 500,000 years again for an intelligent life to evolve, but i belive do to the things humans have done, it is only inevitable whether we are here or not, some animal will copy our intellegence. Do to the contact and things we have done to this world. Human ittelegence probably evolved to an extent before but the creature died out do to the previous life forms on earth, they were to afraid of giant animals. We just happened to evolve when on land when the biggest animals where in the ocean. Oceanic intellegent lifeforms could also evolve. you never know the road mother nature will take.

With all that said, I belive a world without humans would be alot quiter for me. Alot more room.

would be nice to walk around earth with no other humans, might get lonely though. Abit like 28 days later. Except not just england, but the world is silent and derlit. I think it would take millions of years before everything the humans have created over thousands of years actually deteriorated enough to disappear. I think it would be better, because humans today are not exactly nice. we have a corrupt spirit. thats why we are so destructive to the environment and each other.

Archived