Heavy Lags / Delays in Dialogues and AI Reaction etc.

diamondialis

Hello there.

For some time I have really heavy delays maybe lags between dialogues and npc-/ai-reactions.

for example: if i wanna open the vendor-menu of several vendors, they say their welcomes, but the menu will appear with an heavy delay of up to 80 seconds.

while transactions (i buy/sell an item), my fps drop to 4 and it takes at least 2 seconds until the transaction is done

i'm playing with skyrim 1.3.10, skse, scriptdragon, several mods and ini-tweaks, but none of them did cause this problem before.

i guess its something wrong with caching/memory, due to some ini-values?

maybe my ini-files will help:

http://pastebin.com/m7n5mQGV

http://pastebin.com/bV7h42j2

my computer:

http://pastebin.com/CPseZHbc

hope you can help me >,<

thanks,

dia

Edited by diamondialis

Your graphics card can't handle the animations. =/ My old one did this despite meeting the requirements. It was old and slow. I suggest either a new graphics card if your is over 4 years old, or perhaps your RAM is insufficient, or there is a mod causing serious load which again re-directs to the RAM issue. My card was only $145 or so Canadian. I hope this helps.

I doubt he has insufficient RAM, 16gig is a little over the top, this is 4 times what the game can use... lol

My bet is a .ini tweak to many or a mod conflict...

try taking the .ini's out of the documents\my games\Skyrim folder (just cut and paste to desktop) and let the game make its own and see if it goes away, then you'll know if it's in there somewhere.

to test the mods, you can disable 1/3 of the mods, if it stops it is one of those, if it remains you go on to the next 1/3 and so on...

If you have narrowed it down in that way to a mod or five, you can start testing those five mods one by one.

maybe the problem can be solved through Wrye... this one finds conflicts and highlights them for you, you can then apply a" Bashed Patch" to merge some mods...

You use BOSS I hope, wrong loading times of mods can allso cause this...

lulz... i doubt, that either my graphiccard is too old (msi gtx 570 twinfrozr III, 2 month old..) or my memory is insufficient with 16gb kingston ddr3 1600mhz^^

i did include my system specs for this^^

but there is one thing i've noticed till now:

deleting all of the memory-touching ini values fixes the delays... but not the lags during trades O.o

for those who have the same problem:

one of the following lines in your skyrim.ini causes this (may vary in your settings..):

look in [general] and [papyrus] i had them in both^^

fMasterFilePreLoadMB=256.0000
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
iAllocatedMemoryBytes=4294967296
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=4294967296
iMaxMemoryPageSize=1048576
iMinMemoryPageSize=262144
iPreloadSizeLimit=268435456

btw.. till now i didn't notice ANY change in performance, fps and memory-usage without those "tunings"... (tested with SKSE Elys MemInfo)

maybe someone can explain them to me??

i'm testing around, which of these will cause this effect, so i guess i'll post my results tomorrow^^

but the problem with the 4 fps extreme lags while trading is also very annoying.

still noone knowing a solution or the reason for this?

Greetz,

dia

Edited by diamondialis

well, i dont use any fps limiter, just disables vsync in skyrimprefs.

and the game itself runs like a charm, just while trading fps drop to 0-4 and it lags very hard.

the solution for the long delays was deleting the line:

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=4294967296

out of skyrim.ini^^

all other lines can stay, just this one causes the delays..

but the damn trade-lags also stay =( damn it

• 4 years later...

I was having the same problem, if anyone finds this issue in a search 4 years later. :blush: Anyhow, I deleted my skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini files, started the game up in Steam so it could create new ones, and was all set. All of the lagging scripts and actions that I had exited out of went off in rapid fire when I reloaded and everything works like a charm now.

• 11 months later...

I was having the same problem, if anyone finds this issue in a search 4 years later. :blush: Anyhow, I deleted my skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini files, started the game up in Steam so it could create new ones, and was all set. All of the lagging scripts and actions that I had exited out of went off in rapid fire when I reloaded and everything works like a charm now.

Hello from the future and I appreciate your post. :)

• 1 year later...