No accidental stealing

redeyesandlonghair

So I walk up to Jim's desk with the intent of talking to him about the company's quarterly reports. Just as I'm prepared to start talking, I don't notice that his desk lamp has gotten between the two of us... so instead of talking to him, I grab his desk lamp. Jim is very angry about this and punches me in the face repeatedly, everyone else in the office joining him until I'm basically being lynched while running for my life. As I run out the company front doors, I look back with the knowledge that it will be a while before I can return to work without being physically assaulted. Ah damn that kleptomania of mine...

story -> mod idea: Simply a mod that allows you to toggle off the ability to steal items, that way if your mouse hand twitches or your ui skips a frame, you don't accidentally swipe something you weren't intending to swipe. The effect this has could be 1 of 2 things.

1) While stealing is toggled off, hitting "Use" or "Grab" while aiming at a steal item does nothing.

2) While stealing is toggled off, hitting "Use" or "Grab" while aiming at a steal item opens a menu that asks "Are you sure you want to steal this?"; if you say yes, then stealing is toggled on until you toggle it off again.

This would be convinient for everyone who's as precise as I am, and especially people trying to play strict good karma characters. Stealing could be toggled on/off with an inventory item... you could call it the "WWJD Necklace" :biggrin: