Need help picking a class/race

GreekIrish

High elves are the best at literally everything they are the tallest race which makes their attacks do more damage because they are larger and the have a lot more starting magicka so either way you want to go with you can.

Thanks Krawll, that was very helpful.And actually, High Elves are the tallest race in the game, and contrary to popular belief, they run the fastest.

Contrary to popular believe race scale doesnt actually do anything. Your actual scale is 1.00 regardless of your visual scale unless you mess with console commands.

Also Orcs are taller.

Race almost doesnt matter in Skyrim. I have an Argonian Pure Warrior that works perfectly well even though they have no skill bonuses in Warrior. For the most part just go with what looks better or goes with your RP better.

Id also recommend sneaky character and Id also recommend not putting too much into 1 handed skill in terms of perks same with smithing more or less.

As for the pros and cons:

Sneak:

Pros:Gonna make a whole lot o money, gonna get a whole lotta 1 shot satisfying kills, a bunch of other things you can probably think of like being able to stay out of fights, Can hunt deer better.

Cons:Cant really do a straight up fight, a lot of difficulty with dragons and dragon priests, gonna get really annoying to repetitively shoot someone with an arrow then run back then shoot again before they heal moments.

As for Mage style ive never really played that kind character for very long. Just be careful not to throw your perks everywhere.

Edited by ModelV

I tend to lean towards the Orc warrior style of gameplay. It varies what type of weapons I use, but generally I stick with a shield and sword. The Orcs not only look amazing but their berserk ability is the best for when you are in a pinch. Double damage to enemies and half damage to you. But really, it depends on your style of play. I even made an Orc assassin with 30x sneak damage. With the berserk ability I was even good at unstealthy combat without a follower against dragons. (with a dagger) Edited by Guest