Blackreach lift bug

Lehcar

Has anyone else encountered this glitch?

I keep getting hit with a serious bug with those lifts in Blackreach. And it's most definitely not "rare" or random - it happens consistently, every time I try to use any of those lifts. Upon either going up to the surface or going down to the cavern, after exiting the loading screen the game enters an infinte loop that cannot be stopped. No menus can be brought up, so the only option is to use the task manager to forcefully close the game and then reload a previous save.

This is... not good. I'm not sure how something like this could have gone unnoticed by a beta tester... did they hire any?

Edited by Lehcar

This has been a common problem with me as well. The way I fixed it was

1. As the game enters the reload loop, open the console.

2. Teleport yourself somewhere else using the coc command. I personally used 'coc whiterun'

3. The screen will reset, and you will be teleported back to the lift. When this happens, move forward, and get out of the center of the lift.

Hopefully, this should end the reload loop. I honestly have no idea what is causing it, or why my method works, or even if it will work for anyone else, but I hope it helps you some. ^-~