Cannot save game, temp file remains?

Valorek

Hi guys the title pretty much sums it up, When i get past all the intro dialogue, the game refuses to save.

A message pops up saying, "Unable to complete operation due to failure removing previous file. Temp file remains. Continue running executable? yes or no

The only mod/overhaul i have installed is MGSO that is it, I did not check box any mod patches I did not need, nor did i select any additional content or mods.

The game runs great at about 55 fps on the very fast computer setting with all the red details checked so i guess that's good :smile: Below i will list things I've tried.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Tried clearing steams temp folder

2. Selected properties of morrowind and had it set to launch as administrator ALWAYS

3. Reinstalled the game, deleted the steam directory 3 times.

4. Verified steam missing files

5. Cleaned registry, temp windows files, ran malware and virus scan

6. Disabled steam overlay

7. Disabled steam cloud saves

8. Created a save folder in the morrowind directory because there was not one, this also didn't work, Thought it would.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not try the below description because I did not want to mess up my installation, needs to be verified.

1. Running program in windows xp compatibility (was worried it might mess up the MGSO somehow)

Now I need to include this... I did have a orc save about 2 years back from steam and at that time the cloud was actively backing my save, This save has no longer appeared during this installation.. not sure if this matters. Which I could care less because I want to start fresh.

Thanks a crap ton guys! I really want to dump hours into this game, I miss the "not holding your hand D&D aspect of it REALLY BAD haha.

Edited by Valorek