DAIModManager Instantly Crashes

alakuriel

I've just switched over from my old Win7 laptop to a new Win10 one, and brought my Inquisition mods and the mod manager with me. I know I've got the modmanager installed right, but every time I try to open it in order to set up the game directory location and actually get things started, it just instantly crashes - the window opens up, but it's all white, and along with it comes the helpful little Windows notification that DAIModManager has stopped working. That's it. I officially can't set up my mods to work on the new computer, and I really, really love my mods!

Does it no longer work on Windows 10? Does it need something extra in order to run? Am I just a complete idiot who's missing something obvious? I can be a bit of an idiot when it comes to computers, I don't even know how to get my specs for you guys, but I had this modmanager stuff down on my old laptop, I didn't have any trouble using it at all, and I can't understand why that's suddenly changed now, apart from it being something to do with Win10. Please help!

Hello alakuriel

I also use Windows 10 and it works without any problem for me, I can tell you so it isn't because of Win10.

Have you already deleted the whole ModManager/DAI Tools Suite Loader completely and downloaded it again? I have to do this from time to time, because sometimes I get a error message for no clear reason.

Repair the game with your Origin client if you haven't already done this.

If repair the game and re-download the DAI Tools Suite doesn’t solve your problem:

- Re-install your Nvidia driver and/or DirectX

- Check if you have the following programs installed on your PC: SlimDX, DirectX11 and .NET Framework 4 or higher

- Run the DAI Tools Suite/ModManager as admin

- Make sure your mods and the ModManager aren't in the same folder

- Make sure that the DAI Tools Suite Loader/ModManager isn't in the same folder as your game

Perhaps it might help to look at these links:

http://daimodder.tumblr.com/post/128470102064/mod-manager-troubleshooting-tips and http://daitools.freeforums.org/modmanager-troubleshooting-master-post-t1092.html

I'm having the same problem, but it's ONLY with the mod path. I had some success using one of the sub-folders; I accidentally selected an individual mod folder for the mod path once and that worked.

But if I try to move my mods into the working folder, MM breaks again! It's like Mod Manager has suddenly decided to only tolerate a handful of mods at a time.

This, by the way, is a brand-f***ing-new issue that started yesterday. I'm so frustrated.

I've tried editing the config file, I've tried moving the mod folder, I've tried reinstalling Mod Manager, I've tried reinstalling the entire DAI Tools Suite Loader. I've tried everything I can think of.

If I'm limited to only using four or five mods, I don't even want to play the f*#@ing game anymore. This is so frustrating. I worked so hard on that modlist.

Edited by ladyvoldything

Well, I don't want to repeat everything you have already read and tried but I can tell you, that I had this problem some time ago and the reason for it was one single mod which let the ModManager always crash. Therefore I recommend you to load one mod after another to see which mods are the reason for your ModManager crash. I know this is very time consuming depending on the number of mods but I can imagine almost no other reason, since some mods work for you.

You can also post your mod list ( if you want ), so we can look at it with you together. :smile:

Well, the cool thing about that is that I can't load ANY mods. At all. Not even one. I try to select the folder for the mod path and it completely crashes.

And when Mod Manager STARTED crashing, it was with mods that I had already tested and used in-game, so I have no idea why it wouldn't work.

Edited by ladyvoldything

That's exactly what I'm talking about, I had the same issue. I couldn't select that one mod folder without the ModManager crashed. I didn't come to the mod liste in ModManager and that was only the case, after I had inserted this one, new mod. Try the solution of Jericho311 and if that doesn't work, I can only repeat: Re-install each mod again and unpack one after another in the folder and try to open/merge it after each mod, not all at once.

ladyvoldything's issue appears to be different, than the OP

Though she seems to have tried the usual fixes, how could make the difference.

sometimes non printing invisible "characters2 can be the issue

Tried reinstalling ?

Was that over the top of the existing installkation, as that only overwrites most files.

Tried editing the config file ?

Was that this file (your start of the path will be different)

D:\Managers\DAIToolsSuite\DAIToolsSuite_Loader.exe.config

The Mod Manager has a separate Ini file, this one

D:\Managers\DAIToolsSuite\Tools\Mod Manager\Main\Mod Manager v1.0\daimodmanager.ini

Mine looks like this, when opened

BasePath=D:\Origin\Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\
ModPath=G:\Mod Archives\DAIMM\DAIMod\
PatchVersion=12
Version=v0.59 alpha

If editing this file directly didn't work, try a fresh install, and make it a new different path (copy my example, or choose your own).

Then do the same for the mod folder, leaving the old one untouched, and without adding any mods in the new one.

The Mod manager should open, listing only the official patch, and nothing else. Eliminating none mod issues, as the problem.

If that works as intended, you can try copying all the mods to this new folder.

Report results, and we can narrow down the issue, if this doesn't work

• 3 months later...