How the internet lowers cognitive functions.

Keanumoreira

Not really. Studies have shown that doodling can even increase focus and retention to some degree as long as the person is making some effort to pay attention to the lecture or presentation. This is because doodling is part of a kinetic learning process, where the mind uses doodling to ease tensions and other distractions. It's part of the same reason why taking notes helps improve retention even if you never use them or can't read them later.

So that's how I will respond to the teacher next time they tell me to stop doodling...

Not really. Studies have shown that doodling can even increase focus and retention to some degree as long as the person is making some effort to pay attention to the lecture or presentation. This is because doodling is part of a kinetic learning process, where the mind uses doodling to ease tensions and other distractions. It's part of the same reason why taking notes helps improve retention even if you never use them or can't read them later.

So that's how I will respond to the teacher next time they tell me to stop doodling...

I don't even have to watch that video to know that it's good. I love TED. They've got some really moving characters on that stage.

Edit: Don't know why I'm adding my input after my comment, lol. Anyway. she's got a really good point going for her. I'd love to confront my History teacher tomorrow with this fresh information. ;D

Edited by Keanumoreira