CITY MOD PACK?!? UNIMMERSIVENESS ISLAND?

MauroF

And the structure must be put online... in a ftp I think... where us can download just some specific actualizations... but everything in just one .esp file.

And I would go beyond... The .esp file could read contents right from net???? It will blow up the bethesda heart!!!!! I think that a MOD until 50, 80MB can be kept in cache (brazilian's internet sucks!), and reloaded every start game... but not at every loadscreen(!).

Or the reverse... we keep the content files previously downloaded, and the engine reads an online .esp file always updated!

Can a mod not be loaded by more than one user?

Could not be available for many authorized modders to change?

I'm not a modder and really don't know how modding works for Fallout/TES games.

About the rules of what not must do, or about how do a mod to be accepted by bethesda?

You seem to be proposing some sort of cloud-based mod hosting where the modders can simultaneously edit the mod file and users can virtually load it into their game from the cloud server without having to repeatedly download it. Sorry, that's simply not possible or realistically feasible.

Edited by steve40

A DLC-sized collaborative project would be something like Maxwell's World or Fusion City Rising. Maxwell's World uses mostly original assets. Fusion City Rising uses limited assets from a large number of mods (with permission) but it is an original creation and not simply a bunch of existing mods merged together.

Ohh man!
Two big shames to me!
That is what i've thinked and do a very bad explanation!
And I had not seen these mods before!
I should have researched better!
Fusion City Rising is practically what I'm try to say in my post! And even more!
Maxwell’s World looks more crazy and un immersible, but both are very exquisite jobs!
Thanks!! I´ll play both!!
I followed the advice of rereading the terms of service, and now I understand the difficulty of establishing what is just a mod pack, and what is a good job.
Your moderators will evaluate if there is any decent work or it is just a compilation.
So I'll try the mods and evaluate the size of the work.
In case I continue with this stupid idea, I will contact you again and present a quest project for evaluation before starting anything.
You evaluate my pretentious job and authorize (or not), and I swear never talk about mod packs again!!!
OK? This way I'll do not break any rule???
You moderators can delete this post or show how I may do this???

You seem to be proposing some sort of cloud-based mod hosting where the modders can simultaneously edit the mod file and users can virtually load it into their game from the cloud server without having to repeatedly download it. Sorry, that's simply not possible or realistically feasible.

Yes! Do you know some game engine that can do this cloud-based job??

or this is a monopoly of nets like steam and playstation network?

• 1 month later...

Yes! Do you know some game engine that can do this cloud-based job??

or this is a monopoly of nets like steam and playstation network?

The game engine itself does not support cloud based. It must be a solid data file on the device in use. There are other places you can download mods from so no it is not a net monopoly, nexus is just a proven place. It is just a limitation of what the game itself can do.