SevenZipSharp Error

ShadowFoxx9

So I'm new to modding just started for the first time today. I managed to successfully download like one armor mod, tried for something a bit bigger and got hit with a message that says "The execution has failed due to the bug in the SevenZipSharp." I have no clue what this means! Read a couple forums found others have had this problem, but no clear solutions. Some have seemed to just get lucky and it randomly starts working again from what I can tell, no such luck for me. Please Help!!!

Don't have a clue about the technical background either. Only thing I can tell: For me, this error clearly seems to be connected to the amount of free space on the hdd, that NMM (or downloaded files you want to install with NMM) use. I only got this error when I used NMM from an almost full hdd. I deleted / moved over some stuff. Since then, everything's fine again. Didn't reinstall NMM or anything - I just cleaned the hdd NMM uses to free up some disk space.

Edited by Algabar

• 3 weeks later...

I was having the same problem as the OP. For me what was happening was the my main OS drive (C: drive) was very low on storage space (<50mb). I initially assumed that storage space was not the issue because I had like 30+gb free on my drive with Skyrim and NMM. It would seem that you not only must have space on your drive that NMM is installed on but also your drive that Skyrim (or whatever game) is installed on. I assume that when sevenZip unzips and installs a mod it puts it in some buffer space on your main drive. Simply freeing up space on my main drive solved all my problems. I assume that you must have at least as much space as the mod you are installing on the main drive and Skyrim drive and/or any other drives involved in the NMM install processes just to be safe. Hopes this helps, it was the result of many frustrating days lol!

I assume that you must have at least as much space as the mod you are installing on the main drive and Skyrim drive and/or any other drives involved in the NMM install processes just to be safe. Hopes this helps, it was the result of many frustrating days lol!

Thanks for your input. That's exactly what I experienced, too. Maybe I didn't put it clear enough in my post - English is not my native language....

• 1 year later...

OK... I have spent so many hours, Looking searching and trying to find an answer to this problem. I have found one that works for me.

The Solution:

Go into nexus Mod Manager settings...

(For the record I also have the FOMod compression format as Zip, Not the standard SevenZip

Under "General" Tab look for "Temporary Path Directory: (Folder must be named "Temp")"

Change this to be the directory that Nexus downloads the mods (It should auto create the "Temp" directory that it needs). For me this is on the same drive as where the nexus mod manager is installed namely "D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Temp" and NMM is installed at "D:\Nexus Mod Manager"

After this is done Restart NMM.

After it comes up HOPEFULLY it should work.

I wish you all luck.

Personal observations:

The error "SevenZipSharp" seems to be erroneous. Basically when NMM is unable to unpack the mod... this is what you get.

This problem only occurred on 7z zip files for me. RARs worked just fine.

I believe my problem has to deal with the temp is on a different drive that NMM, (As well as where my Skyrim) is installed. Something in the logic for 7z files has trouble unpacking (or does so in an odd way) that causes the problem to crash, the result is an erroneous error that sends everyone in the wrong directions.

Other solutions I have tried:

Chaning FOMod format to Zip from SevenZip..... Moderate success Some mods were able to be installed most were not.

Increasing size on home "C:\" Drive... No change... I started with 800+Gb free no size limitation... didn't think this was the problem anyway.

Updating SevenZip Sharp.... No change... After this I deleted SevenZip from my computer (including the .dll in NMM) Still got the same error which is what gave me the hint that the error was erroneous (I like this word, can you tell :P).

Repackaging mods as RARs... moderate success... some worked most did not.

Manual install of mods... works just fine... but then what is the point of NMM is this is what I'm forced to do...

2 nights and 5 energy drinks hacking away at this problem.... Revelation and success... answer posted above.

NEXUS Moderators... If you read this please update the error logic and give better error messages and include detains on the actual problem. I am a software engineer myself, so beleive me when I say I know how hard it can be to bulletproof your code, but these error messages are well worth the time to get right! And also THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PROVIDING SUCH A WONDERFUL TOOL THAT MAKES MODDING SO MUCH EASIER AND DOING SO FOR FREE!!. I really do appreciate the time that has gone into this. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

• 1 year later...

I assume that you must have at least as much space as the mod you are installing on the main drive and Skyrim drive and/or any other drives involved in the NMM install processes just to be safe. Hopes this helps, it was the result of many frustrating days lol!

Thanks for your input. That's exactly what I experienced, too. Maybe I didn't put it clear enough in my post - English is not my native language....

How do I change the directory? I don't know how to do this.