Draugr must hate the dark

TaliXantis

It would have made far more sense if the player had to light them as they went along.

Best idea I've seen. Wish that were the case. Reason to carry a torch, or use the novice Destruction spell Flames, to light braziers and such as you go along. Would also make Khajiit nightsight worth a damn.

I love Bethesda games and Skyrim is very awesome, but this is one thing they always mess up. There are always some little details that destroy the atmosphere. Fully lit dungeons although they haven't been entered for 191029 years is just one of those many details. Maybe there will be a mod some day that fixes this and extinguishes all the candles and torches in several dungeons, haha.

there is one already (kind of), its called Realistic Lighting without post processing (or i suppose there are other similar mods out there too). It gives you very dark nights and you NEED a torch or light to go through dungeons, if you lower the brightness + this mod (how i play it) its absolutly pitch black in some areas. The lights of the dungeons that are already there are also tweaked so they light less. Try it out, i recomend it.

What I found even more amusing is that some of the Followers have this same phobia ... Just try and get Aela to drop her torch at night (and AFAIK almost all the various followers will use the torch if you trade one with them) but Aela comes with hers and won't give it up no matter what ! ...I also find it amusing (speaking of phobias) that one of the Companions (Farkas? or Vilkas) is afraid of spiders Lol ...

Farkas is the pussy.

This got me to thinking though, aren't The Circle of Jorrvaskr corrupt for worshiping a Daedra (Hircine)?

Okay first not all Daedra are evil.

Second Hircine isnt one of the evil Daedra.

Lastly, only Aela considers him her god.

It would have made far more sense if the player had to light them as they went along.

Best idea I've seen. Wish that were the case. Reason to carry a torch, or use the novice Destruction spell Flames, to light braziers and such as you go along. Would also make Khajiit nightsight worth a damn.

It was supposedly removed since it would make the game harder :(. and thus too hard for to easy gaming market.

What I found even more amusing is that some of the Followers have this same phobia ... Just try and get Aela to drop her torch at night (and AFAIK almost all the various followers will use the torch if you trade one with them) but Aela comes with hers and won't give it up no matter what ! ...I also find it amusing (speaking of phobias) that one of the Companions (Farkas? or Vilkas) is afraid of spiders Lol ...

Viarmo from the Bards College carries his torch around with him all the time, morning noon and night, indoors and out. I think it's his comfort blanket.

This should be fairly easy to fix when we get the CK, just batch-replace existing torches and candles in dungeons with unlit ones that the player can light, manually remove or change lights from the dungeons... it's a fair bit of work but totally doable, certainly something that would increase realism and create unique atmospheres...

Farkas is the pussy.

This got me to thinking though, aren't The Circle of Jorrvaskr corrupt for worshiping a Daedra (Hircine)?

Hircine is as evil as all of the Daedra. Never took "the hunt" secondary choice ? ;)

Farkas is the pussy.

First, yes I'm aware, but Hircine is one of the evil ones.

Hircine is one of the evil ones obviously because he didn't care either which way whether you killed Sinding or the Hunters. Like the Fanboys of Stendarr said, the (evil) Daedras disregard for human life is abhorrent.

Last, I already said that... Look at my previous post.

Edited by R3Q