Less retarded attack animations

Soltis

Every PC attack animation in the game is painfully slow. Painfully, god-awful, annoyingly slow.

Having swung swords, shot bows, and handled axes and large hammers, I can tell you -- this is just flat-out retarded; you know, the kind which means "slowed" or "impaired": it's like the character is moving under a sea of transparent molasses.

So I'd like a mod which roughly doubles the animation speeds for attacks. Jesus, it doesn't take three days to raise a sword overhead! A bow doesn't take six(?) seconds to draw!

I'd be even happier if this could be linked to the skill level (so maybe a level 5 archer really WOULD take several seconds to draw properly, but a level 40 would actually know what he's doing), but that's probably impossible or tedious or both. So simply having faster animations would be nice.

Especially for bound weapons, which are weightless -- why does the bound battle axe move like the character is on ether?

Anyway, you get the point. More snappy, less crappy.

Thanks.

Actually sometimes a bow can take a while to pull back, especially the bigger and more powerful ones.

and since the later types of bow are made of pretty much solid metal (ebony and Daedric in paritcular.), I'd guess they'd take a while to steady and draw.

Besides it was actually a intentional move by Bethesda to make Bows less of a automatic wood thrower and more of a sniper weapon.

But yes. I agree about the bound weapons as well.

If it were only the heavier bows which were so affected, I might be able to see your point - and if it were only a couple seconds, I could also see your point -- but it's not. A bow can take a lot of time to draw when one isn't used to it, but within reason, a practised archer can draw a bow extraordinarily fast.

Frankly, a much less idiotic archery system would revert to arrows having weight (like Morrowind) and make the bow animation modeled on someone who actually knew which end of a bow was which. The idea of carrying 1,000+ arrows around without penalty is just . . . why do we have limited ammo at all if it's going to be that dumbed down?

Edited by Soltis

I did some deeper research, and a fire rate of 20 shots per minute was fairly typical with longbows; this gels well with my own experiences in archery . . . which is why the character fumbling around like he's not sure where the pointy bit goes is just painful to watch. Edited by Soltis