ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Entrance/Exits from hold Capitals?

scottmack

So im playing a thief, he's pretty wanted in Riften, Whiterun, Markarth and Windhelm. When im arrested and break out etc the only way out, I know is past the main gates through a bunch of guards who are difficult to sneak past when they're stood on either side of the door! Is there any alternate ways out of the cities for stealthy characters? I did find a sewer grate for riften but when you go in its just a dead end cell? :ninja:

There's a tunnel out of Whiterun but it's only available if you've completed a particular quest line up to a point and then it's only good for escaping.

In Riften it's pretty easy to sneak out to the docks and just swim to the shore.

In Solitude you can take the stairs down from the windmill to the road by the docks below (why didn't Ulfric think of that?)

Windhelm is pretty easy to sneak out of the side gate down to the docks.

I sincerely hope your bounties aren't for murder. A bounty for larceny is honorable, a bounty for death is failure on our parts. Means we can't do our jobs good enough to avoid it.

I know Whiterun only has a single exit, as I literally, just moments ago, found out. I ended up tearing off at breakneck speed and having to steal a horse to get away, after breaking out of prison. I barely had time to get to my pickpocketing stash before the guards almost had me cornered. Speaking of which, there needs to be more safe containers out there than there are. I don't like having to drop my goods on the ground.

Solitude has two, I believe, and Windhelm has two. Windhelm's second leads off to the docks for sure, and it proved a challenging escape route unless you don't mind swimming in ice water. I try to avoid hitting the water if possible (I sorta-kinda semi-RP my character a bit. I try to keep his actions realistic) but I'll take the splash over jail any day.

Of course, the smaller non-walled villages let you spread to the four winds if you're in trouble, so they aren't always a bad choice if you're sure you're going to be caught or at least accosted.