More mod misery

LoginToDownload

Frequently enough, most notably in areas with a lot of stuff in them, all retextured items/all-new items will simply appear black/pink. (Only occasionally does this affect the sky as well) This is usually followed by a crash when changing cells. They still reflect light fine, they just lose all the color of their texture. Staying in an Imperial City exterior for more than 30 seconds is suicide.

Does anyone have any ideas what's causing this?

Are you using any archiveinvalidation? If so, are you using a method other than OBMM? I used a non-OBMM archive invalidator for a while and did encounter many pink things in game, as it tended to invalidate textures that were actually present.

I used OBMM's invalidation, but this was an all-or-nothing thing. Whenever a modded-in texture appeared, it would be black. (Or pink) If I'm wandering from exterior cell to exterior cell, the already-loaded stuff like weapons/armor would stay, but anything new would be black/pink.

I've been installing and uninstalling .esps for a fair while, but never cleaned the textures/meshes folders. I'm going to try clearing everything out and reinstalling all my mods from scratch.

Archived