Morrowind Trilogy

MRG

Greetings all,

No matter how hard or how often I try, I just can't seem to get into playing Oblivion. It was one of those games I had such high hopes for, & so so my first mistake, was following the hype that surrounded the games development, but in the end, the final product left me wanting, and to think I spent $75 on the Collectors Edition the day it was released in my area, only for the DVD to somehow go bad a week later. So in saying that, I very well might have answered my own question.

A year to so ago, I bought the Morrowind Trilogy that came with the core game plus the official expansions. I played Morrowind a little when it first came out, but at the time, my system was sub-par & so I had overall poor performance & so stopped playing. Then a few years later I saw the Trilogy & it was only $15 so I picked it up. All game time combined, I have played Morrowind for about 2 weeks. Not long enough to really get into the game I have read & been told.

Like most of you here, I enjoy a good RPG & so my question to you is this:

1) Is it worthwhile to play through Morrowind + the Expansions? Being as the game is as old as it is, it's no longer that pleasing to the eye as it once was. Which brings me to my next question.

2) I know since being released, there is a very large selection of custom addons, but I do not have the time to play through each one to see which I like best. Are there any quality addon packs or total conversions that you recommend, that will not break the game & is compatible with all the expansions & each other?

Thanks for your time!

-MRG

Edit: I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong section of these forums. My apologies to the Admins.

1) Try playing Oblivion for a while, and then you'll wish you'd never left morrowind. Wash and repeat. And yes, it is worth it to play Morrowind with expansions.

2) Don't know. ((I can't breath))

1) Try playing Oblivion for a while, and then you'll wish you'd never left morrowind. Wash and repeat. And yes, it is worth it to play Morrowind with expansions.

2) Don't know. ((I can't breath))

If the game is fun, then it's visuals don't matter. Have you beaten the game with both expansions?

Why can't you breath? Tell your other half to back off & to stop holding his breath. We are talking serious gaming business here! This is no time for him to try to get attention.

-MRG

• 1 month later...
Greetings all,

No matter how hard or how often I try, I just can't seem to get into playing Oblivion. It was one of those games I had such high hopes for, & so so my first mistake, was following the hype that surrounded the games development, but in the end, the final product left me wanting, and to think I spent $75 on the Collectors Edition the day it was released in my area, only for the DVD to somehow go bad a week later. So in saying that, I very well might have answered my own question.

Did you send the bad cd back to have it replaced?

A year to so ago, I bought the Morrowind Trilogy that came with the core game plus the official expansions. I played Morrowind a little when it first came out, but at the time, my system was sub-par & so I had overall poor performance & so stopped playing.

Everyone went thru that. Most of us lived to tell about it ..

Then a few years later I saw the Trilogy & it was only $15 so I picked it up. All game time combined, I have played Morrowind for about 2 weeks. Not long enough to really get into the game I have read & been told.

Not sure what you were expecting. Morrowind has a good storyline, a main quest, tons of side quests, and you can do whatever you want, any time you feel like it.

1) Is it worthwhile to play through Morrowind + the Expansions? Being as the game is as old as it is, it's no longer that pleasing to the eye as it once was. Which brings me to my next question.

If it's worth it for some, it's not for others. Only you can decide that. I liked MW and played it a lot. I finished the Main Quest (you can't 'beat' the game since it's open ended), did some modding for it, tried several mods from others, liked some, didn't like others .. (they're free, so if I get a bad one I just pitch it)

2) I know since being released, there is a very large selection of custom addons, but I do not have the time to play through each one to see which I like best. Are there any quality addon packs or total conversions that you recommend, that will not break the game & is compatible with all the expansions & each other?

Anything by Qarl, Dereko, Canadian Ice, Korana, and many other good modders. Sooner or later any mod will 'break' another mod, so you need to decide for yourself what works for you.

Thanks for your time!

-MRG

Edit: I just noticed that I posted this in the wrong section of these forums. My apologies to the Admins.

Oops!!

:)

Hey MRG! It's not going to bring Morrowind anywhere near Oblivions level of visual appeal, but maybe this can help the dated look a bit. And to answer your questions:

1) I'm not finished with my first play-through yet, but what i've played so far has been a blast. I'll definetly be finishing both expansions.

2) You might want to check out Tamriel Rebuilt.

Hope this helps.

Morrowind, though dated, still has a deep story line. I was a little disappointed in the Mournhold story line, but it was still good nonetheless. I really recommend playing through at least the main quest of Morrowind. The landscapes are unique, the quests rewarding, and the game play addictive. I really wouldn't worry about mods right now, except of course, MGE which jojo pointed you towards.

I always enjoy dusting off my copy to explore the island of Morrowind. If fact, I feel the urge coming on as I type this.

-T-

Greetings all,

Thanks for your time!

-MRG

I like Oblivion, but if it's been a pain in the ass for you, forget it. Personally, I enjoyed Morrowind more anyway, so good move for you.

1. I guess that depends on what you value. If you indeed value visual presentation over an immersive experience, then you should skip it.

2. You could go the mod route, yes, but it seems to me you're trying too hard to maintain interest if vanilla isn't quite palatable. But if you aim for improved graphics you can try Morrowind Graphics Extender and Better Bodies to start.

Your welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived