Instantaneous Cell Reset Bug

SMB92

I will have to check that out. Have you also played with precalc much? And mods that alter the world space?

My NPCs in my upcoming mod are using customisable encounter zones through placeactoratme function, seems to work fine with the random encounters already there.

I'll dig up my original save with Thicket constantly resetting, and I will try this EZ fix you posted. I sincerely hope that is it.

BTW I was of the impression even if you set an encounter zone to never reset, you could still change it with script, and also that actors carrying an EZ apply that info to any cell they enter. My mod doesn't seem to do any of these things from what I can tell. Perhaps the wiki is wrong is written incorrectly.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you also played with precalc much? And mods that alter the world space?

The bug occures even in an unmodded game (I tested this several times) so I think it has nothing to do with the PreVis system. From my observations it won't make a difference if worldspace altering mods comes into play.

Edit:

There's a mod that tries to fix this bug: click

The author found the source for the bug. Here's how it's triggered:

You are in exterior cell A and its location plus the encounter zone are set to allow a reset.

You move along your way into exterior cell B which has a different location than cell A.

Both the location and the encounter zone of cell B are set to allow a reset too.

To moment you enter that new loaction cell B will reset its containers and traps. It seems not to reset enemies.

I've made some pics to better explain that:

http://i.imgur.com/j9BY4ys.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6zYwTzo.jpg

The linked mod gave me the idea of setting all encounter zones to never reset.

I'll dig up my original save with Thicket constantly resetting, and I will try this EZ fix you posted. I sincerely hope that is it.

I'm curious about the result. :)

Edited by Ablaze666

I'll give it a go now. Ill double check what data for EZs BT and PoE have as well as MI. Strange or maybe coincidence the previs was involved during my tests.

You are right about the actors mostly, except one place I think Medford or Milton where enemies are respawning, namely the 2 synthetic outside the subway. They are always there.

Tried fix with Thicket, did not work. Reset instantly. This cell(s) is the only one I know I can reproduce in vanilla alone. Even some console users reported it started or only occurred with Survival mode.

Stumped again

Maybe it has something to do with the cell reset bug, that was present before? Could be the same, but Bethesda fixed it only for settlements.

Other question, does this only happen with world cells or interior cells too?

Right now, i have no time for testing. Will look into that at the weekend.

@SMB92:

Could you send my your save file? I wasn't there in survival mode yet and want to take a look.

I stumbled over the cell reset bug in an unmodded game for the first time on the roof of the Parkview Apartments. There's a raider boss chest which will reset everytime if the area is unloaded. And if that happens, the cabinet doors are closed again if you would open them before you leave. There're dozens of other places where the bug appears like infront of the Layton Towers, Vault 114 or some houses in Concord. After I applied the Never Resets flag to all encounter zones that hocus pocus was fixed, that's why I'm curious why it isn't working at Thicket Excavations.

@Zzyxzz:

Can happen to interior cells too if an exterior cell triggers the bug and has the same location/encounter zone as the interior cell. An example is Parkview Apartments. If the exterior cell resets, the interior cell will too. You can see that be the refilled Nuka-Cola vending machine inside the building.

Edited by Ablaze666

There is an ini setting:

Fallout4.ini

[General]
bPreemptivelyUnloadCells=1 // default is 0

wonder what this will cause to the cells affected by the bug.

I think that's the same as PCB every time you transition interior or exterior

My save is heavily modded, I have patches I've spent ages making that would mean giving my save to anybody would be no good to them :(

I haven't really followed if it happens in interiors. There a few I have noticed that it occurs.

I found one that started instantly resetting with Raider Overhaul, outside of shamrock bar. With RO this cell always resets enemies, they instantly respawn.

I think that's the same as PCB every time you transition interior or exterior

My save is heavily modded, I have patches I've spent ages making that would mean giving my save to anybody would be no good to them :(

I haven't really followed if it happens in interiors. There a few I have noticed that it occurs.

I found one that started instantly resetting with Raider Overhaul, outside of shamrock bar. With RO this cell always resets enemies, they instantly respawn.

post an image of exactly the spot and point that the six place and provide a saved game file please

Tried fix with Thicket, did not work. Reset instantly.

Just to clarify, if you use a save file where you're away from the affected cell and load it with the changed flag to the encounter zone, the cell will reset nevertheless. That reset should be the last for that cell. So if you have the flag changed, load a save, go to Thicket Excavations, go away far enough and come back than everything should be fixed.

Could you give it a try please?

Edited by Ablaze666