100% Kill animations for sneak attacks?

sarnz

Would anyone else like to see this? I get annoyed that just because I slash a guy from behind that he drops to the ground. Meanwhile I slash him in the face 50 times with a dagger when he knows I'm there yet he can take it.

Would be nice to see a sweet backstab or throat slice at least 50% of the time that I do it.. I mean how often do you get to sneak up on the enemy anyways?

I have to say, I don't know much about the mods that are out. I am still running 1.1 as the other versions screwed up my game pretty good. 1.3 gives me really bad stuttering. When is that damn CK kit and the Skyrim Overhaul coming out? :whistling:

Would anyone else like to see this? I get annoyed that just because I slash a guy from behind that he drops to the ground. Meanwhile I slash him in the face 50 times with a dagger when he knows I'm there yet he can take it.

Would be nice to see a sweet backstab or throat slice at least 50% of the time that I do it.. I mean how often do you get to sneak up on the enemy anyways?

I have to say, I don't know much about the mods that are out. I am still running 1.1 as the other versions screwed up my game pretty good. 1.3 gives me really bad stuttering. When is that damn CK kit and the Skyrim Overhaul coming out? :whistling:

Funny that... I get the throat slice animation almost any time i creep up from behind. I haven't got a specific trick to it other than i press and hold left mouse button a little longer.

As BlashyrkhRavendark said, I also believe sneaking up (close enough to pickpocket) then press and hold the attack is the way to trigger the death kill animation, provided your damage output with sneak bonus is enough to take out the enemy remaining health. Works for me. Edited by sendo75

As BlashyrkhRavendark said, I also believe sneaking up (close enough to pickpocket) then press and hold the attack is the way to trigger the death kill animation, provided your damage output with sneak bonus is enough to take out the enemy remaining health. Works for me.

Nah 50% of the times he just makes a big swing and the other drops dead. Always thought I need to get closer, but couldn't find a way to trigger it regulary.

Edited by faifh

I mean how often do you get to sneak up on the enemy anyways?

98% of my kills are sneak attacks with swords. Nothing more satisfying than clearing a whole fort without being detected. It's like playing medieval Hitman.

Regards triggering the assassination cinematic, like others have already said, just get into PP range and hold LMB. Though i think it relies heavily on weather or not your sneak attack will take all of your targets Hp. I tend to not get the move much because i use two un-enchanted, non-upgraded elven swords, so the damage is minimal, even with the 6x multiplier.

So expect to see the animation on low level targets, but not higher levels because you might not be able to one-shot them with your stealth attack.

I mean how often do you get to sneak up on the enemy anyways?

98% of my kills are sneak attacks with swords. Nothing more satisfying than clearing a whole fort without being detected. It's like playing medieval Hitman.

Regards triggering the assassination cinematic, like others have already said, just get into PP range and hold LMB. Though i think it relies heavily on weather or not your sneak attack will take all of your targets Hp. I tend to not get the move much because i use two un-enchanted, non-upgraded elven swords, so the damage is minimal, even with the 6x multiplier.

So expect to see the animation on low level targets, but not higher levels because you might not be able to one-shot them with your stealth attack.

Are you low level? Why aren't you using a sword in the right and a dagger in the left? Or even just carrying a dagger for the backstabs? Their damage potential is nowhere near low enough to justify using a regular one handed weapon instead of a dagger if you get the 15x backstab perk. The dagger will always do sickeningly more damage than the sword could hope to. You don't even lose too much damage from the dual wielding power attack.

A few things that might fail the trigger, base on my playthrough, resulting in a normal charged attack.

- Getting too close that I touch the back of the enemy or a roamer spotting me, breaking my stealth just before I attack.

- Too far away in stealth mode, PP range is good enough so far but a mobile target might move out of range at the last second.

- Targets with heavy armor or high defense might survive your stealth bonus.

On a side note, I wish for a mod that makes killing animation with sneak arrows! 8)