We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Yet another greatness of being a vampire

TimF

I've been a vampire with mu current character for quite some time but i had to cure it in order to continue the quests from the Companions because they won't let you go on as long as you refuse to perform the ritual to become a werewolf and to be honest, once i decided to become a werewolf instead i was quite happy for not having to feed ALL THE TIME and not having to worry about day light anymore.

The fact that you lose your health and stam regen in day light realy sucks . And having to think about feeding all the time is just plain annoying .

Is that worth not being able to approach a human NPC unless you've fed? Because people go hostile around a stage 4 vampire.

Not only that, but it's very irritating that nothing regenerates in the sun. No mana, stamina, or health.

Edited by R3Q

You also get less magicka stamina and health in the sun from what ive read x.x

Werewolves are way better. Though once the CK comes out Im going to be making a vampires mod that gives better bonuses and where you actually get WEAKER without feeding and stronger when fed.

Werewolves are useless completely. Vampires are very useful with illusion and restoration magic. Sneak increase doesn't hurt either. Personally, I've never had any problems in keeping a vampire well fed. That is what a follower for.

Werewolves are useless completely. Vampires are very useful with illusion and restoration magic. Sneak increase doesn't hurt either. Personally, I've never had any problems in keeping a vampire well fed. That is what a follower for.

For a sneaking character? Yes vampires are better.

For a warrior? Here let me stun lock you to death then heal by eating you and your friends. Vs. Here let me drain your health with this spell then die horribly because i cant regenerate anything because its sunny out.

Not to mention the fact that when you feed you become much less powerful. Vampires are broken man. It makes no sense that youd become stronger by starving yourself.

Edited by ModelV

I'm happy for you if your Vampire character is pleasing you but you can't realy expect everyone to simply agree with you.

In my case , i felt good for getting rid of it and becoming a werewolf instead. Even though feeding isn't hard as a vampire, it just annoys me to always have to think about feeding and worrying if i'm gonna be able to make it to the next town in time before i reach stage 4.

Another thing that realy annoyed me is that since you keep swaping between stages, you can't put your life leeching ability in your favorites because everytime you go to the next stage, the game considers the upgraded version of your ability as a totaly new ability so it just keeps removing it from your favorites and therefore removing it from your hotkeys as well , you have to keep puting it back in which simply bothered me too much and i ended up never using it because of that. Keeping your vampire well fed and keeping it at stage 1 is worthless in my opinion, the only way i would consider a vampire worthy of playing is if there was a way to keep it at stage 4.

Being s stage 4 vampire simply means that you are alone in the world. Even other vampires attack you which i think is simply stupid. If you could at least join a group of vampires to compensate the fact that no cities or towns are tolerating you anymore, it could make it worth something at least.

So that was my own personnal opinion on the matter. As i said , i'm happy for you if things are working out your way, just don't be mad at people who don't share the same feelings you do.

I like how Elder Scrolls pretty much poops on vampires. They're not romantic or sexy, they're disgusting monsters that spread through a disease and it's a curse to be one.

i always hated the vampire movies that were sexy and romantic, i like the blood sucking beasts their supposed to be, if i want sexy or romantic ill go see a chick flick

I like how Elder Scrolls pretty much poops on vampires. They're not romantic or sexy, they're disgusting monsters that spread through a disease and it's a curse to be one.

Lol i find your statement to be pretty funny because originaly, thats exactly what vampires were. They weren't seen as people who could actualy co-exist with humans, They were seen as bloodthirsty demons without souls and without any kind of emotions towards humans. They were known to eihter kill or turn their victims and nothing else and they could certainly not feed off of blood bags from the hospital.

It pretty much all changed after Buffy the vampire slayer TV show where Buffy fell in love with Angel, a vampire with a soul and where romance with vampires actualy became possible. Then the Angel TV show , then the Blade 1,2,3 movies, then Underworld and Twilight and now the Vampire Diaries and True Blood .

All those TV shows and movies have definatly changed the way we see vampires now . I guess producers found that people and ESPECIALY girls simply love the idea of romance with vampires and find it somewhat sexy and exotic i guess. And also the fact that Vampires are pretty much always being played by sexy actors and actresses is definatly helping .

People simply Love vampires now instead of fearing them like they used to . I cannot deny that i actualy enjoyed all those movies and TV series but vampires are simply not what they used to be 20 years ago. I'm 29 years old now and trust me , when i was a kid, if i was watching a movie that involved vampires, the dreams that i was having the following night were not of that super hot and sexy female vampire, i was having nightmares.

If vampires realy did exist and decided to come out of the shadows today, in 2012, people would simply go crazy and throw themselves at them and they would probably run the streets at night with huge signs saying "WE LOVE VAMPIRES" or " TAKE MY BLOOD" lol .

This is seriously ridiculous in my opinion and i just know i'm not very far from the truth. Now again , if vampires were real and had decided to come out 20 years ago, people would've equipped themselves with wooden stakes , wooden crosses, Garlic, holy water and would've never gone outside their house at night and that is a fact.

So basicly, the way i see your comment is that you're actualy complaining about the fact that Vampires in Skyrim are not the same as they are in Twilight which are in my opinion, the cheesiest vampires ever. Twilight and The Vampire Diaries are Chick Flicks. I did watch them and enjoyed them for what they were but Romantic vampires are only a way to make lots of money without investing too much in special effects , nothing more .