Maximum Casting Cost Discount

pjz

It'd be great if there was a simple, independent little mod that places a cap on the maximum casting cost discount, as it's pretty trivial to reach -100% and have free casting. Something like -85% would probably be reasonable. Many magic mods spend a lot of work tinkering with casting cost, but -100% makes all that pointless, and the game is pretty silly with free casting. If there were an independent mod that only does this, then it should be compatible with all the other magic mods out there. Thanks!

A small issue here:

First, we who don't like the 100% reduce mana cost, we don't use it. We might dowload the mod.

Thoose who uses it, wouldn't download the mod.

That would kind of ruin the point of the mod. Unless people got some damaged mentality to cheat, even if they really don't want to.

Hey, that might be true for all I know.

A small issue here:

First, we who don't like the 100% reduce mana cost, we don't use it. We might dowload the mod.

Thoose who uses it, wouldn't download the mod.

That would kind of ruin the point of the mod. Unless people got some damaged mentality to cheat, even if they really don't want to.

Hey, that might be true for all I know.

This makes absolutely no sense.

Okay fine I guess I'll try to figure out how to do this, because I keep running into this dumb hole in the game's design and it's annoying the piss out of me. Any clues on where to set a maximum casting reduction?

e: poking around in Skyedit, this does not look like it's possible to implement through a mod; there is a setting for max armor rating (80) and various other things in Globals, but no similar setting (max or min) for casting cost or anything that sounds appropriate. If anyone wants to prove me wrong I'd be very pleased.

e2: suggested for patch at bethesda

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1336047-patch-14-unoffical-thread-3-with-changelog/page__st__60

Edited by pjz