Problems with Script Extender 0.3.0

Mybell420

when i start fallout 4 i get an error that says

Hud extension version error

expected game version / 1.8.7.0

your game version is / 1.9.4.0

some features may not work correctly

and none of my mods that require script extender work

FO4SE updated after a Beta came out for FO4 recently. If I am understanding your problem correctly, you may need to update FO4SE....that is IF you are getting automatic updates for Betas that come out.

I decided to try out the Beta and changed my updates to include the Beta releases. Immediately afterwards when I tried to start the game through FO4SE, I received somewhat of the same message you did. I had to wait a day and the fellows and gals who make FO4SE released an update to the script extender sometime withing the last 24 hours or so. My game is somewhat working aside of not being able to get out of power armor at the moment. Looking for answers for that here now.

I deleted the older version of the script extender completely and installed the newer version. It recognized the Beta and I had been able to play. My power armor entrapment may be unrelated since it is a power armor design by one of our modding community members. It's called The Network by the_rotten_core. Badass power armor, by the way. I don't know yet if SE is futzing up the armor and the HUD system. Still researching.

Hope the SE update will cure your gaming ills!

FO4SE updated after a Beta came out for FO4 recently. If I am understanding your problem correctly, you may need to update FO4SE....that is IF you are getting automatic updates for Betas that come out.

I decided to try out the Beta and changed my updates to include the Beta releases. Immediately afterwards when I tried to start the game through FO4SE, I received somewhat of the same message you did. I had to wait a day and the fellows and gals who make FO4SE released an update to the script extender sometime withing the last 24 hours or so. My game is somewhat working aside of not being able to get out of power armor at the moment. Looking for answers for that here now.

I deleted the older version of the script extender completely and installed the newer version. It recognized the Beta and I had been able to play. My power armor entrapment may be unrelated since it is a power armor design by one of our modding community members. It's called The Network by the_rotten_core. Badass power armor, by the way. I don't know yet if SE is futzing up the armor and the HUD system. Still researching.

Could you point me to some sort of guide on exactly what i need to get rid of to remove the old F4SE? It's been long enough that I've kinda forgotten what's what and don't want to start picking and choosing.

Could you point me to some sort of guide on exactly what i need to get rid of to remove the old F4SE? It's been long enough that I've kinda forgotten what's what and don't want to start picking and choosing.

Sorry about the late reply! What I did was just make note of what is in the new FO4SE folder after it unzipped. I had that window open and also a window for the destination folder. I basically compared the stuff in the new, unzipped folder and deleted the similar old files from the destination folder. I then copied the new files and pasted them in the destination folder.

This might be a round-about method of doing it and I'm sure another player probably has a better. more efficient way of doing this....this is just what I wound up doing and it seems to be working so far. I had looked on YouTube to see how to install FO4SE and found several videos. Trophy Hunter's video worked best for me as far as clarity of instructions:

I had figured it would be best to delete the old files before pasting the new ones in the destination folder. Again, I don't know if how I did this was the best way.

I am still working out some power armor issues....I can't get out of power armor, the HUD usually displayed while in power armor isn't showing, and the power armor is glitching like crazy...parts aren't showing. I run a sh**-ton of mods, so I have my work cut out for me. All of my mods had been working and playing nicely together until I futzed around with these updates. I'm opting out of further betas. This has sucked.

Hope you get things worked out! Just be careful, as always, with deleting files. Back up that game!

I had a similar problem with the power armour, but it was some time ago, so I can't be exact on how to cure it. The problem was that FO4 was seeing me wearing 2 sets of armour so I had to use a console command to look at what I was wearing. It showed 2 sets of power armour so I had to use another console code to remove both sets, then re-equip one.

Sorry about the late reply! What I did was just make note of what is in the new FO4SE folder after it unzipped. I had that window open and also a window for the destination folder. I basically compared the stuff in the new, unzipped folder and deleted the similar old files from the destination folder. I then copied the new files and pasted them in the destination folder.

This might be a round-about method of doing it and I'm sure another player probably has a better. more efficient way of doing this....this is just what I wound up doing and it seems to be working so far. I had looked on YouTube to see how to install FO4SE and found several videos. Trophy Hunter's video worked best for me as far as clarity of instructions:

I had figured it would be best to delete the old files before pasting the new ones in the destination folder. Again, I don't know if how I did this was the best way.

I am still working out some power armor issues....I can't get out of power armor, the HUD usually displayed while in power armor isn't showing, and the power armor is glitching like crazy...parts aren't showing. I run a sh**-ton of mods, so I have my work cut out for me. All of my mods had been working and playing nicely together until I futzed around with these updates. I'm opting out of further betas. This has sucked.

Hope you get things worked out! Just be careful, as always, with deleting files. Back up that game!

Thank you much! But yeah, still feel like my best option is to wait a bit longer until more mods and stuff catch up as well. Maybe do a completely fresh mod installation and just match what I had in my save game. Oh well, still have New Vegas in the meantime!

I had a similar problem with the power armour, but it was some time ago, so I can't be exact on how to cure it. The problem was that FO4 was seeing me wearing 2 sets of armour so I had to use a console command to look at what I was wearing. It showed 2 sets of power armour so I had to use another console code to remove both sets, then re-equip one.

I wound up uninstalling a power armor animation mod and that fixed the issue with the PA bugginess. It was one of the mods that allowed the player to basically hop in and out of the armor rapidly instead of the slow vanilla animation. Kind of a bummer since I liked the mod. I left a (hopefully) detailed bug report for the modder.

Thank you much! But yeah, still feel like my best option is to wait a bit longer until more mods and stuff catch up as well. Maybe do a completely fresh mod installation and just match what I had in my save game. Oh well, still have New Vegas in the meantime!

the hud extension 1.8.7 error comes from Nameplates, specifically. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21636/?

im still crashing to desktop after opening f4se so i dont think its my own problem, but thats where that error is coming from, homie. hope this helps!

I didn't have that mod, but I do remember seeing it here on Nexus. I haven't had any more issues with f4se, but I did double-check my install and I had it set up correctly. I posted below in another response, but the issue wound up being a PA animation mod that I wound up uninstalling. For whatever reason, that stopped the problems. Thanks for the input, Good Sir, and happy gaming!