If you had to raise a sword for a city....

SubjectProphet

Markarth. Nothing better raising a sword, when there is a hefty sum of gold and silver behind it. As for the others, I'd better raise a sword for the Companions, College, or Dark Brotherhood. Neither of whom have much concern about any and all of Skyrim's cities in particular.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ones I wouldn't raise a sword for:

Whiterun: The ultimate insult is when you have Uthgerd living in the Wind district who never steps foot in her place at all, and the Dragonborn and as far as we know the only current Thane of Whiterun living in the Plains district amongst the common rabble. Not to mention the Companions, who don't lift a finger (either way) when Whiterun is being sieged. Then there is the absurdly annoying "feud" between the Battle-Borns and the Grey-Manes. The hell with the lot of them.

Solitude: If those Elves in Radiant Rainment insult my dress one more time I'll raise the whole damn city myself. Then there is the multitude of Thanes they have that don't do squat in the cities defense. The ultimate insult is having to pay soemthing like 40,000 gold for a house (for the right to be called Thane) that is so poorly decorated it is pathetic. Then there is the issue with them allowing Vittoria to extort monies from the only Spiced Wine operation in the entire continent of Skyrim. Any Nord worth their salt would castrate the people responsible for shutting off the Spiced Wine flow - piss on the lot of those snobs I say.

---------------------------

All the rest I'd have no problems defending

i'd protect Morthal and Dawnstar and Winterhold, I'm a level 60 mage who is an immortal by way of vamprism and Archmage.

these towns are my hunting grounds where i am thane

orginally went went Markarth until i found out the truth about its people, even i as a vampire was creeped out. at lest i had some class

• 2 months later...

All the cities have their ups and downs;

But to answer your question, it would have to be Whiterun it feels very homelike to my character.

Anyways I've already raised Solitude, Markarth, and Windhelm. So not much of a choice for me.

Windhelm. Nice house, pottential for opening Thives Guid branch in the dock area and Dark Brotherhood branch in the gray quarter. After that start terorising the city and the Jarl to see how "true" nords and their leaders handle the sitiuation. I bet they crack within 2 weeks. Edited by robanybody2000