ENB thinks I'm Indoors

Johnsenpai

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with ENB, it seems to always think that I'm inside. Only changing the indoor values do anything.

I've tried reinstalling ENB, A different one and reinstalling the entire game. I just can't seem to fix it.

ENB is a "post-processor". It applies it's affects after the game engine and video card have rendered them, but before the screen is displayed. So, what is being passed to it makes it think it's "indoors". You can take a look at the "Solutions to Post-Processor (ENB/SweetFX et. al.) problems" section of the "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide for some guidance.

However, my guess is your basic problem is that your OS is not supported. I've never heard of "Win 98+" (and I've supported every MS business OS since DOS 1, but I will admit that 98 is old enough I may have just forgotten it.) Minimum system requirements call for Win7 (and DirectX 9). You can contact the ENBDEV forums to see if they can provide any assistance, but I'm all but certain without digging into it the d3d9.dll requirement is not going to work with Win98.

For my money, Win7 remains the best platform for 32-bit PC games.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

ENB is a "post-processor". It applies it's affects after the game engine and video card have rendered them, but before the screen is displayed. So, what is being passed to it makes it think it's "indoors". You can take a look at the "Solutions to Post-Processor (ENB/SweetFX et. al.) problems" section of the "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide for some guidance.

However, my guess is your basic problem is that your OS is not supported. I've never heard of "Win 98+" (and I've supported every MS business OS since DOS 1, but I will admit that 98 is old enough I may have just forgotten it.) Minimum system requirements call for Win7 (and DirectX 9). You can contact the ENBDEV forums to see if they can provide any assistance, but I'm all but certain without digging into it the d3d9.dll requirement is not going to work with Win98.

For my money, Win7 remains the best platform for 32-bit PC games.

-Dubious-

I probably should have worded it better. Basically my issue with ENB is that the only values that actually have an effect are the indoor values. It's playable but certain effects like bloom are insanely high due to using the indoor values.

I appreciate that 1st link, but doesn't really help my issue (but will help my others).

Also I'm on Win 10 64-bit. The Win 98 is a joke. :laugh:

"Win98+" got me then. :pinch: (Sometimes I am just too literal for my own good.)

ENB is designed for HDR effects. You might find something helpful in the STEP Project ENBSeries INI Guide.

See also points #4 & #6 under "Issue: ENB is not working" in the "Troubleshooting" guide regarding the "enblocal.ini" file and presets This is most likely what needs adjustment.

-Dubious-