Fallout 4 1.9.4 Update Screwed Up My Game

Havokthe4z

Hello before on Fallout 4 before the 1.9.4 update my mods and everything worked flawlessly but now when i updated my game and f4se it loads up to a black screen then crashes and returns to windows. Help would be appreciated, Thank you.

I share your pain and yes observations.

I took some time off this game, as I figured things would settle down once Beth stopped dishing out the Sim-City DLC's and the creators of FO4-SE had time to ' catch up '. So I came back to the game in Feb. of this new year.

Now, when I left this game, just after the final DLC came out - Nuka World. My game w/the same exact mods - dlc's, with the exception of 2 new mods this year. Was running GREAT, FANTASTIC ... NO ISSUES AT ALL.

Then I posted my Slo-Mo Thread and it was interesting that some said: I needed new Hardware. Even though my hardware did JUST FINE, prior to 2017 with this game. I also had / have NO issues with any other game at all, and I have a few.

Some suggested FO4SE ... and I'm leaning that way, in that I went back to GROUND ZERO. Fresh, clean start from scratch game, less FO4SE and obviously those mods that require it.

Most of the SLO-MO - Pause - Load cells went all but a way. With a very limited place .. those that have DLC CELLS in the same area. That was the only thing it could be ... in that there were NO mods loaded at all. Just FO4 and the DLC's and that is it. Nothing else.

Those areas that were ' changed ' by the Robot DLC, had a brief LAG and where you went to Nuka World and the homestead for Far Harbor.

So ya ... I feel your pain!

.. Jj ...

I wish they had never made that 1.9.4 patch, all I can say is if it works don't break I had a great game and I now I don't I go to combat zone and game crashes and then I get to bunke rhill same thing happen and I could go anywhere in the game that I wanted to go before they updated that 1.9.4 patch now it does not let me do anything,

• 5 months later...

I had this problem too, but I found the guilty party!

a file called MainMenu.swf inside the folder Interface.

Of course it's a mod... can't remember what it was for or if it was linked to F4SE but at least, my game is working again!

If this may help somebody :happy:

Well the newest version of F4SE is out, but if you have any mods that rely on it disable or uninstall them till an update for them can be made. I know Looksmenu is already updated. If anyone is getting a Terminal+ runtime is out of date before the game starts and then CTD's you need to uninstall Transfer Settlements. The "Terminal+" is TS's dll in the F4SE plugin folder.

FO4 has got to be the most unstable game currently doing the rounds. I've tried all the suggested work around without success. Auto update to 1.9.4 has caused CTD and I'm sick of it. If the game wasn't such good fun I'd flick it and move on. (first world problems hey?) Anywho I'll wait for the F4SE update but for now My thoughts are with friends in Texas...good luck everyone, hang in there. CTD is an inconvenience nothing more...

Edited by Jedlock01