ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Better 1st person weapon view

rhamlett

One of the things that bugs me the most is the completely idiotic way the play holds daggers and swords when dual wielding. Not only does it look stupid, it gets in the way and obstructs the view.

I've looked all over the Nexus mod site and I can't find where anyone has addressed this yet. I'd do it myself if I knew where to begin. I could use the Construction set in Oblivion to some degree, but this is beyond my abilities to fix.

The weapons, swords and daggers at least, need to be moved off to the sides and angled a bit. I don't really need to see my hands, just a bit of the blade so I can tell which weapons I have equipped. Ideally they would be moved and angled to match the third person view.

First Person Dual Weapon View

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4828110/images/1stpersonview.jpg

The third person view is not too bad. Why don't the weapons appear in those positions in first person view?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4828110/images/3rdpersonview.jpg

Could someone point me to a mod that would do this, or let me know what's involved in creating a mod like this?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to do exactly this, the way you hold your weapons in 1st person is utterly horrific. I'm a experienced 3D artist so it should be a easy task; problem is I can't figure out what animation files actually contain this stuff.

If someone reading this has any information I'd be very interested. So far all my attempts at finding the right files for first person seem to send the hip bone to the characters root node when viewed inside skyrim and show the default animation offset at that position.

Edit:

Oh well, nevermind - I'm the retard. the fact that you click left to attack right in the game temporary disabled my ability to discriminate between left and right, thus I had put the right hand anims on the left hand :D

Edited by tjakal

• 8 months later...
anyone have a link to a mod that does this? i had one that worked quite well a long while back but lost it during a reformat and for the life of me cannot find anything. real first person WIP does way more than I want. Im just looking for a relocation of the weapon models, like this OP talks about