Creation kit almost there

BannerFigurezZz

Starting a mod?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. So with the creation kit's release nearing I am wondering are you gonna make some mods or solve the things that always annoyed you? or leave it to just the pro's?

• Yes, I will definitely start modding big times
    • Yes, I will be making some small adjustments
    • Yes, I will fix stuff that annoys me
    • Yes, but just for myself
    • No, i'll leave it to the pros
    • What's a mod?

So I checked the steam news regarding Skyrim and found the following:

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/01/19/news-on-the-creation-kit-and-game-updates/

saying the creation kit will release near the end of the month, however the article about this article states it will be next week.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/20/skyrim-mod-tools-coming-next-week/#more-90072

I am really looking forward to it for I would love to customize things in Skyrim and maybe creating some small mods of it.

So are you all excited ? :dance:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have plans for a player house mod that is different based on whether player is Warrior/Mage/Thief. Don't want to give too much away yet as I don't know what will be possible yet.

Like that idea, a lot.

Are you make it big or small with high quality, or a begeinner like home?

I am planning to release a few small adjustments to the original homes, that i did with the Console commands.

This for the people that do not want a completely new house or a OP one and eventually I would like to make a whole new home.

Timing for the creation kit couldn't be better actually, exams are just over and it will probally be released at the end of my research week, so I'll have lots of time to learn modding...

If it ever happens, I'd like to start with basic fixes, and filling in some empty areas that Bethesda left behind. ...Seems like they're jealous because they sorely lack our creativity and talent. Edited by Lehcar

I was thinking of spicing up vampires in Skyrim by giving them unique abilities, depending on what part of Skyrim they're from, based on one of the books in Skyrim (can't remember the name). I was also thinking of maybe overhauling inns and taverns so that they have a bit more life to them.

Let me put it this way.

In Morrowind (Bloodmoon actually) there was a quest that allowed you to build a town in about 9 stages. You made 2 or 3 decisions about what stores were built and where your house was built etc.

I created a mod based on that idea that constructed a castle near the Ashlands that involved (IIRC) 20+ decisions and 190+ build stages, and took anything from 4 months (game time) to 1 year (game time) to build, depending on how many freed slaves you employed as workers ( or foremen).

Ultimately I figure'd I'd bitten of more than I could chew (although tha castle itself was completed, the town/NPC's defeated me) so I'll start a bit smaller than that.

I was thinking of spicing up vampires in Skyrim by giving them unique abilities, depending on what part of Skyrim they're from, based on one of the books in Skyrim (can't remember the name). I was also thinking of maybe overhauling inns and taverns so that they have a bit more life to them.

Do you mean immortal blood?

I'll probably start out making minor adjustments to my game. Doing in depth personalizations. Start out with small stuff then work my way up. Eventually I'll start work on my mod project, which I hope to make public. I'll may make some of my personal tweaks public if mods do not already exist for them and I can do a well enough job of preventing conflicts with other mods. Which has always been my crutch. But then, I've always made mods for myself and they only needed to be badged together. Didn't have to perfect them. Any troubles I had, I'd just fix myself with the SDK.