Creation kit almost there

BannerFigurezZz

Starting a mod?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. So with the creation kit's release nearing I am wondering are you gonna make some mods or solve the things that always annoyed you? or leave it to just the pro's?

• Yes, I will definitely start modding big times
    • Yes, I will be making some small adjustments
    • Yes, I will fix stuff that annoys me
    • Yes, but just for myself
    • No, i'll leave it to the pros
    • What's a mod?

A working bank / stock exchange in Skyrim, complete with investments, futures, market manipulation, you name it. I might just take a stab at it.

/goes to brush up on Black-Scholes derivative pricing equations. Hope the new editor has good math support ... lol.

Edited by jimhsu

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for CK impatiently and I want to make some adjustments to the Magic skill tree like an overhaul mod. Adding some ranks to some perks, changing their names and values, like this.

I know SkyEdit can do this too but as you know it's a very complex program since CK will be a more user-friendly tool.

Edited by TuCoT

Im fascinated: mods are usually treated like an unexploded bomb by publishers and developers, especially after Hot Coffee.

Thats an interesting point. I wonder what sort of FALLOUT bethesda is going to get for indirectly supporting the various adult mods that are undoubtly going to be released. If one can batch GTA making that edition a AO rating, or If one can patch Oblivion making it a M game rather than a T; wouldn't that also mean that the mods on Steam could make it Rated M-AO?

Edited by gengrimm

I’m fascinated: mods are usually treated like an unexploded bomb by publishers and developers, especially after Hot Coffee.

Thats an interesting point. I wonder what sort of FALLOUT bethesda is going to get for indirectly supporting the various adult mods that are undoubtly going to be released. If one can batch GTA making that edition a AO rating, or If one can patch Oblivion making it a M game rather than a T; wouldn't that also mean that the mods on Steam could make it Rated M-AO?

Well the rating won't be changed by that or even affected, they have a very nice disclaimer for that.

"online experiences may vary during play"

at least here in the Netherlands I think this counts for any online game changing thing, even mods

I’m fascinated: mods are usually treated like an unexploded bomb by publishers and developers, especially after Hot Coffee.

Well the rating won't be changed by that or even affected, they have a very nice disclaimer for that.

at least here in the Netherlands I think this counts for any online game changing thing, even mods

Hmm could work. Though Online play doesn't really apply to Skyrim being a game you can play offline, the disclaimer I should think applies to language dealing with other people on the game. They could put in a disclamer about the mods on the PC copies, or have a EULA that you have to sign to be able to have access.

Just no one tell Leland Yee about Skyrim on the PC! I mean it, no Knee or Fus Rah Dah jokes around him!

Hmm could work. Though Online play doesn't really apply to Skyrim being a game you can play offline, the disclaimer I should think applies to language dealing with other people on the game. They could put in a disclamer about the mods on the PC copies, or have a EULA that you have to sign to be able to have access.

Just no one tell Leland Yee about Skyrim on the PC! I mean it, no Knee or Fus Rah Dah jokes around him!

Well like I said I believe over here in the Netherlands mods count as online expirience to, for they are part of the online community of the game or something like that

The rating changes for Oblivion and GTA:SA were caused by things that were actually in the retail copies. For Oblivion it was topless female textures, for GTA:SA it was hot coffee. These existed in game and the modifications just unlocked their access. It's still B.S., but mods wont change that.

Furthermore, Bethesda has already stated that they wouldn't host any adult themed mods.

Someone mentioning scripts and soul gems reminded me that I'd like to see named soul gems beyond just the simple "Greater soul gem - greater" as if I want it to be renamed to reflect what soul is trapped inside. I'd love to have a collection of black soul gems named after the people I killed in game.

**SPOILER ALERT**

For instance, I'd love to have a Black Azura's Star that is renamed something like "The Black Star - Ulfric Stormcloak" in my museum. :devil:

*Spoiler alert from quoted text apply here too*

For instance, I'd love to have a Black Azura's Star that is renamed something like "The Black Star - Ulfric Stormcloak" in my museum. :devil:

Didn't you have to kill him with a special sword?