Does anyone else think there should be chosen race quests?

Silvaner

I really like the idea about races not being able to enter certain towns or being discriminated. Such as being refused to be served food at a market or be sold weapons to. Possibly even be accused of something on your way out.

Another thing I want to expand on is accomplishments as a guild master. Not only should this contribute to your race, being that you stand out and people may look a lot more favorable (or quite the opposite depending on who or what it is) towards your kind. Also it would be nice to be recognized in general across Skyrim as a prominent figure (if you get to that point).

Its my opinion, but the main quest line was really anti-climactic and I personally just felt like a tool after just finishing it. No one needs the Dragonborn anymore! Burn him at the stake before he becomes an Alduin sympathizer! lol!

Of course. Like the following: Kajiit can't enter cities by default, Argonians can't enter some cities. Everyone but nords, especially dunmer and imperials can't join Stormcloaks easily, Altmer, Bosmer and Kajiit can work for Thalmor by default, and so on.

That would be completely awesome. It would make me want to play through the game as every different race, just to see the differences.

I agree as well.

As Khajiit you need to earn more trust from the guards to gain entry into the gates. Easy for Whiterun since you get to be Thane early. Probably the same for Argonians.

Bosmer and Altmer may get more sympathy from Thalmor, maybe even get to join them. And racial discrimination from the Nords.

Dunmer, get racial discrimnation from the Nords, then they get special discounts and favors in the Grey Quarter

Bretons, not sure, maybe something that affects Winterhold and the College? As well as favors from the few in game Bretons.

Nords get the suspicion in every city he goes to while still not Thane as whether he could be an Imperial/Stormcloak spy.

Imperials get the hate speech and treatment from Stormcloak controlled cities...

DId I miss something? I mean these things can be done with a few additional dialogue scripts I guess.

It would had been really special had it been included.

I can't quite say why but have "issues" with quest mods with their own interps of lore and such not written by the gods at Beth and without professional voice acting so am a pooper about those.

So would had been nice.

It would had been really special had it been included.

I can't quite say why but have "issues" with quest mods with their own interps of lore and such not written by the gods at Beth and without professional voice acting so am a pooper about those.

So would had been nice.

Yeah, keeping true to gameplay and having original VA is a problem =/

Does anyone have any suggestions how this can be implemented. Sort of snuck in?

For example, you play the game normally, but as another user suggested, it can be scripted. If you are a Nord and support Ulfric. You can script for the guards to act aggressively towards other NPCs (consequences: Dunmer getting killed in the city. Harsh consequences depended on your actions.

*edit* This may upset some people if such a mod is implemented and they choose to use it. But if anything, that adds to the immersion. Death is real and we can't all live in fairy tale land where everybody gets to live happily ever after =/

Edited by Silvaner

Yes, definitely yes! Race affects so little in Skyrim, it's a shame. But the problem would be the lack of voice acting!

[For example, you play the game normally, but as another user suggested, it can be scripted. If you are a Nord and support Ulfric. You can script for the guards to act aggressively towards other NPCs (consequences: Dunmer getting killed in the city. Harsh consequences depended on your actions.

Ooh, do want. :smile:

I would definitely like a mod like this, even if the lack of voice acting would bother me some.