STFU NPCs!!!!

ImagoX

Can someone recommend a MOD that will STFU the way-too-talkative NPCs? I could have sworn I saw a MOD file for this on the Nexus a while back but I can't find it now. What I'm NEEDING in a MOD is:

1. Something that will stop random NPCs from wandering past while I'm talking to a quest NPC (like the Jarl fer chrissake) and interrupting with random BS like "I sell the best belly-lint sweaters in all of Skyrim! Would you like to but one?" Jeez... STFU already!!!!

2. Something that will ALSO STFU your companions. I didn't notice how bad random companion chatter was until I took Mjol along as a companion... I swear to GOD if I have to listen to her talk about her father taking her to Morrowind to hunt cliff racers or about how her MOTHER taught her her SWORD FIGHTING TECHNIQUES (can you IMAGINE????????????????????????)I'm gonna kill her myself.

Any help is vastly appreciated.... =)

-Matt

1. Something that will stop random NPCs from wandering past while I'm talking to a quest NPC (like the Jarl fer chrissake) and interrupting with random BS like "I sell the best belly-lint sweaters in all of Skyrim! Would you like to but one?" Jeez... STFU already!!!!

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=746

That'll take care of this one mostly....

-MM

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=746

That'll take care of this one mostly....

-MM

Nothing will remove the companion babble though? Grrrr...

I can understand turning off villagers talking to you all the time..if someone walked up to me IRL to tell me that they miss their family members i would honestly think that this person was mentally retarded. I rather have the npc's talk more to eachother than my character.

The best would be to have the npc ignore you if they don't know you well and when they know who you are they might say "hail!" or "hello" And for example only be able to greet you once a day instead of everytime you run past them. When it comes to followers im ok with it, could be less repetetvive, but i like that my companions talk..i usually never have a companion with me anyways, but when i first have why not listen to their stories and comments. Though i also wish that companions would comment more on your actions..for example when you get to a puzzle, they could for example lead you in the wrong direction or the right direction depending on what kind of character they are, for example if you have explorers with you who have been visiting a few dungeons before they would probably give the right direction, while dumb warrior characters would give you illogical solutions to the puzzle..this merged with a mod that makes traps instant kill the player would be funny.

Too talkative?

I wish the other followers talked as much as Mjoll...

At least then they would have depth of character.

Do you wish to simply have robots following you?

But that's precisely the thing... by repeating the same few things over and over and over and over it calls attention to how FAKE she really is! I tried the MOD linked to and it's LOTS better - she now only says a few things, not the constant repetitive chatter. Thanks for the suggestion....

• 2 years later...

i agree, only npcs who know you should talk to you, the rest shouldnt randomly tell random sometimes very personal stuff to a complete stranger who just happens to be walking down the street, like others say it is immersion breaking, reminds you this are not real people, takes you out the experience and reminds you this is just a game. The guards talking about you is awfull, when a random guard in rorikstead says "i've heard about your honeyed words" im like, wtf, how did this small town guard who i never talked to at all heard about my "honeyed words" like all Skyrim is talking about that.

Edited by Wraithofdoom