When entering haven chapel/church getting infinite loading screens

seweryn

So as the title says, i have trouble in haven.

It is after the tutorial sequence of the game.

After the intro about starting the inquisition.

When i try to re enter the chapel/church i get infinity loading black screen.

Here is my mod list

Yennefer's Hair Attempt

Abilities Revamped - Mage
Barbarian Solas Outfit - black outfit
BrushedBack SS Hair
Cassandra_outfit__gold_
Classic Cass
Configurable Increased Inventory
ConversationCameraZoom
Dalish Elf Concept Tattoo - Chin Version
Dalish Outerwear
EF Curvy Body - Massive Chest - Thighs
EF Custom Arms - Thicker
EF long pulled back hair bangs

EF Portraits - All party members v1.0
Elegance - Mage Warden Robes - Dark Skin
ElvenSorceressHairstyle
EYEBROWS_4_WOMEN_SHAVED_DARK
Fake Lashes
Flower tattoo

Fonty_Georgia

Hand of the Divine_Leliana Outfit Retexture_white_v1.1
HD Eye Textures
HF Curvy Body - Thick Thighs - Massive Chest - Wide Waist
HF long pulled back hair bangs
HF Thicker Arms
Invisible Staff

Josephine dress - Black, Gold and Burgundy v1.0

Leliana Softened
Make Erasthenes Tranquil
Make Erimond Tranquil for non-mage
MedFemDalishArmor_Zevran
More Banter
NewInfluenceFlexUpdate v1.0
No Dirt Buildup
Quivers-retex-by-baudelairienne
schematic_spree
Sera's Complexion v4 + Tattoo
Sera's Long Hair
Side Braid with Bun [EF]
Side Braid with Bun [HF]
SK_Hair Retexture_4k
Straight Dorian Mod
Straight Long Layered Hair_Female Human
TMMHallaDoorsHalamshiral
TMMMoreLootFlexCrafting
TMMRareWeapons
TMMRedcliffeCraftingSupplyDiscount
TMMStartingArmoursWarden
Vivienne Natural Complexion
War Table - No Waiting
Yennefer complexion V0.2 - no brows just black eyeliner - no moles

So yesterday i spend like 4-5 hours checking what mods are causing the game not to start.

I know i can bypass that by exiting game removing the mod folder but the whole point of choosing those mods is to use them.

So that is why i am asking for help.

Also any if anyone knows any hints about the load order in dai, i would be most thankful.

Cheers,

Sounds like the typical cutscene / Too many mods, issue most often called the "white screen bug", caused after the "Dawn will come" cutscene.

Not usually a specific mod, but a simple workaround fixes the issue.

There's an entire thread titled by this bug name, but my post on the last page gives the updated workaround method

White Screen at Solas Revelation/Finding Skyhold - Page 7 - General Dragon Age: Inquisition Discussion - The Nexus Forums

The fix in my post can be used for loading the Black Emporium, another infinite loading screen error, but from the war table, so it can work in non cutscene cases as well.

Simply, Mods are removed to get the game loaded, games saved, and mods are put back.

Read the full method I've linked to, which explains exactly how to do it, quicly and easily.

As for Load Order, it's more about what you want, as the merge overwrites each file contained inside the DAIMod packages, so last one wins, and the order is by name in standard Alphanumeric order 0 - 9 - A -z.

With ach DAIMod file, simply use numbered folders, followed by whatever name you need to tell you what mod it is.

That sets your preferences, and Mod Merge will apply them, it's complete files only, no merging of file content, to worry about.

You must use leading zeroes, like this.

00, 01, ..., 98, 99

or for more numbers

000, 001, ..., 099, ..., 998. 999

Sounds like the typical cutscene / Too many mods, issue most often called the "white screen bug", caused after the "Dawn will come" cutscene.

Not usually a specific mod, but a simple workaround fixes the issue.

There's an entire thread titled by this bug name, but my post on the last page gives the updated workaround method

White Screen at Solas Revelation/Finding Skyhold - Page 7 - General Dragon Age: Inquisition Discussion - The Nexus Forums

The fix in my post can be used for loading the Black Emporium, another infinite loading screen error, but from the war table, so it can work in non cutscene cases as well.

Simply, Mods are removed to get the game loaded, games saved, and mods are put back.

Read the full method I've linked to, which explains exactly how to do it, quicly and easily.

As for Load Order, it's more about what you want, as the merge overwrites each file contained inside the DAIMod packages, so last one wins, and the order is by name in standard Alphanumeric order 0 - 9 - A -z.

With ach DAIMod file, simply use numbered folders, followed by whatever name you need to tell you what mod it is.

That sets your preferences, and Mod Merge will apply them, it's complete files only, no merging of file content, to worry about.

You must use leading zeroes, like this.

00, 01, ..., 98, 99

or for more numbers

000, 001, ..., 099, ..., 998. 999

I tried something simillar aka created "clean mod" used only official patch.

The problem is that after entering chapel in haven, i saved the game and quit.

Tried to restart with mods the game won't load, i am seeing infinite black screen.

I have looked at your mod list and I must admit, that these are already a lot of mods which you use. It doesn't make it any easier to say, which mod trigger a conflict. I have just the "suggestions" that helped me, when I had the same problem at the same place as you. For me, it was one single Companion mod for a character which isn't even in Haven at this time ( Dorian ). This mod let all the buildings disappear and let me fall through the world. Maybe you just try it without your Companion mods and check, whether it's because of one of them. Disable all of your Companion mods and if you entered the game successfully, enable one mod after another until it crashes again.

I don't want to blame the mods! Certain mods are simply not compatible with each other and that's no one's fault.

If that doesn't work, just try the same with all mods: merge one mod after another until it crashes. I know this takes a lot of time but nothing else occur to me after even the solution of UhuruNUru didn't help you.

I have looked at your mod list and I must admit, that these are already a lot of mods which you use. It doesn't make it any easier to say, which mod trigger a conflict. I have just the "suggestions" that helped me, when I had the same problem at the same place as you. For me, it was one single Companion mod for a character which isn't even in Haven at this time ( Dorian ). This mod let all the buildings disappear and let me fall through the world. Maybe you just try it without your Companion mods and check, whether it's because of one of them. Disable all of your Companion mods and if you entered the game successfully, enable one mod after another until it crashes again.

I don't want to blame the mods! Certain mods are simply not compatible with each other and that's no one's fault.

If that doesn't work, just try the same with all mods: merge one mod after another until it crashes. I know this takes a lot of time but nothing else occur to me after even the solution of UhuruNUru didn't help you.

I could enter the chapel without mods but when i enabled them back, the game wouldn't load.

I already edited the game for hours since i had 10 mods more but had to disbable them because game wouldn't start with them.

Modding this game is a pain. Most painfull game modding ever :P.

Well, I had this problem always because of one certain mods, even with my own mods. It happens if the game/DirectX can't reflect a certain texture or something like that and triggers a conflict, whether because of mods or for another reason.

I guess that's also the case with you, may I ask which graphics card you use and which game settings? Maybe one of the Retexture mods is too high for your settings. Have you already set the game on the lowest graphics settings and tried it again?

Otherwise I can enumerate only the standard solutions:

- Delete the whole ModManager/DAI Tools Suite Loader completely and downloaded it again

- Repair the game with your Origin client

- Re-install your Nvidia driver and/or DirectX

- Check if you have the following programs installed on your PC: SlimDX, DirectX11 and .NET Framework 4 or higher

My last suggestion is rather unlikely but it's worth a try: Disable just the mods you don't need for your current playthrough. So, all mods for these races which you don't play currently. And if that doesn't work, I can only repeat: Re-install each mod again, merge it after each mod and try to load the game successfully, but not all mods at once.

I'm running out of ideas... :laugh:

Well, I had this problem always because of one certain mods, even with my own mods. It happens if the game/DirectX can't reflect a certain texture or something like that and triggers a conflict, whether because of mods or for another reason.

I guess that's also the case with you, may I ask which graphics card you use and which game settings? Maybe one of the Retexture mods is too high for your settings. Have you already set the game on the lowest graphics settings and tried it again?

Otherwise I can enumerate only the standard solutions:

- Delete the whole ModManager/DAI Tools Suite Loader completely and downloaded it again

- Repair the game with your Origin client

- Re-install your Nvidia driver and/or DirectX

- Check if you have the following programs installed on your PC: SlimDX, DirectX11 and .NET Framework 4 or higher

My last suggestion is rather unlikely but it's worth a try: Disable just the mods you don't need for your current playthrough. So, all mods for these races which you don't play currently. And if that doesn't work, I can only repeat: Re-install each mod again, merge it after each mod and try to load the game successfully, but not all mods at once.

I'm running out of ideas... :laugh:

GPU 750ti strix oc 4gb

cpu phenom II x 4 965 BE

resolution 1280x1024

I get from 40-to 75 fps.

I most settings are on high, only mesh settings are on ultra to be able to see hair mods.

I get around 40 fps when there is a fog, when there is no fog i get around 60 fps or more.

I have all of them slim, dx11 and net framework 4.5

I will follow your suggestion on using only mods that are necessary for my current playthrough.

Edited by seweryn