The condition function do not work. The do not update in real time.

Masterofnet

Please excuse my spelling in the Title.

How could I be the only person to have discovered this??

The condition functions don't work. Period.

They will not update they only check the condition once. How can this game even function???

It has nothing to do with clicking the condition twice to register it.

IsSneaking - Does not work

GetActorValue or ActorValue% does not work. It will only check the condition once.

Even get in Combat does not work.

I have made dozens of enchantments and magic effects and never had a problem with condition functions.

In the SSE kit they don't work.

Edited by Masterofnet

Conditions on a fire and forget (and posibly any other type) magic effect are only evaluated the moment they are applied while conditions on the effect list of a spell or enchantment, or conditions on perks are checked every second, so that could be what you are seeing now.

Conditions on a fire and forget (and posibly any other type) magic effect are only evaluated the moment they are applied while conditions on the effect list of a spell or enchantment, or conditions on perks are checked every second, so that could be what you are seeing now.

I wish that was the case. The conditions are on the spell and it is not fire and forget. They should be updating in real time. They are not. I will attempt one more thing. Thanks for your response.

They are on the spell of an Ability

Ability

Constant Effect

Self

They will only fire once.

The conditions very simply are not working. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. How could people have been working in the Kit for 4 months and not have found this?

Edited by Masterofnet

Pretty odddd, did some googling, there is a thread of a dude apparently having issues with an ability's conditions, his solution was to untick the "no duration" flag and set duration to 1, might have something to with this.

I have a ability that uses a cloak. The conditions on the spell will not update in real time. I do not know why.

The duration seemed to not have anything to do with this situation.

When I make an opponent essential and run tests. If they go down into the essential crawl the conditions go completely haywire. I have never seen anything like this before. Why would an essential opponent going into bleed out and crouching down through off the conditions on the player?

The conditions when tested on an non essential opponent seem to function reasonably well.

What if this should happen in game?

If anyone has any ideas on what could be going on here please feel free to chime in.

Thanks for the information Frank Family.

The file I have been working on is here. It works well now as far as I have been able to tell but I am not able to use conditions on the cloak ability.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/8314/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrimspecialedition%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D8314&pUp=1

Edited by Masterofnet

OK, I see you're checking IsInCombat on the "Target" for that spell. I always get confused about who is supposed to be Target and Subject for complicated situations like this.

Fact 1: When an essential NPC is in BleedOut mode the game effectively tags it to be ignored. No other NPCs will choose it as a combat target meaning the only way it can take damage is through area affect spells or by the player.

Fact 2: The player is only tagged as IsInCombat when some NPC is planning to attack. The game doesn't assign any meaning to the player since it can't know what the player intends to do.

So depending on who is the Target it could be as simply be that the essential NPC in BleedOut isn't being registered as IsInCombat.

Or if it's checking the opponent, then my guess is that as soon as the essential NPC is in BleedOut it not only stops being a target but also stops triggering the IsInCombat for the player. If there aren't any other NPCs nearby the player may not be considered in combat even if continuing to attack the NPC.

Since that cloaking spell effect is really just about attaching the script to the nearby NPCs who might get attacked with the sword, you're probably better off just tagging the effect as non-hostile, non-detrimental, etc. so NPCs don't react. The script itself will make sure all of the appropriate conditions are met.

Ya, Thanks for the information. It was not the isincombat condition that was going haywire, it was not even being used at the time.

It was actually, ActorValue and Actor Value %. Health and Magic of the sword holder. I have them on the script itself now because it is much more fluid.

The conditions I have on the Script Ability Spell do seem to be working. On that spell the sword holder is definitely the Target and the Actual Target is the Subject.

Do you have any idea why I am not able to put conditions on the cloak ability? On this the sword holder is the Subject. But the conditions only work when the cloak is added to the player.

Thanks Again.

If i remember right, conditions on magic effects of weapon enchantments, posibly offensive spells too, both target and subject point to the same actor, the target. So you have to check that swap target and caster box to actually check them on the caster/wielder.

I just read that on the Wiki but have never found it to be the case. It could have something to do with the conditions shutting down when the Actual Target was bleeding out. However on this same spell I have a condition on the Actual Target that did not work at all unless I ran it on Subject and I was unable to run any conditions on the sword holder unless I ran them on the Target. So in this case they are definitely not the same.

I am still unable to use conditions on the Cloak Ability Spell.

Since that cloaking spell effect is really just about attaching the script to the nearby NPCs who might get attacked with the sword, you're probably better off just tagging the effect as non-hostile, non-detrimental, etc. so NPCs don't react. The script itself will make sure all of the appropriate conditions are met.

You are correct. There is no reason to have those conditions being checked every second. I have updated the Mod and it is functioning perfectly.

I made a video for the people who have helped here. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmMUFy-gCE0

Edited by Masterofnet