Porting Content From Other Games - What's allowed?

gmillar

Those of you who think it's ok to violate the user agreement/license or Bethesda's copyrights (or any other IP owner for that matter), for what ever ill informed reason, could have a rude awakening in your future

That was completely unwarranted and unnecessary. No one was expressing intent or willingness to violate the Nexus TOS or Bethesda's copyright. The poster was simply requesting information regarding the issue of porting content, and someone who actually has the authority over these matters already responded.

Those of you who think it's ok to violate the user agreement/license or Bethesda's copyrights (or any other IP owner for that matter), for what ever ill informed reason, could have a rude awakening in your future

That was completely unwarranted and unnecessary. No one was expressing intent or willingness to violate the Nexus TOS or Bethesda's copyright. The poster was simply requesting information regarding the issue of porting content, and someone who actually has the authority over these matters already responded.

Actually, it was completely necessary and very warranted. I've seen countless people making excuses why they think it's ok to crap all over someone elses property, none of which matter. Many think Bethesda's rights and policies are stupid and come up with some of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories and accusations I have seen. All of them, baseless. And to prove my point, look just above this post and you will see yet another person who thinks they are stupid, and why? Wait, I don't really see a reason stated.

Also, I never said anything about anyone violating the Nexus terms, I was talking purely about Bethesda's user agreement and license. Bethesda has been very generous so far with their properties, but patience can only go so far. Eventually, they will start making examples of people, and on that day the entire modding community will change forever, and not in a good way.