Max string length in if\endif block.

TommInfinite

Hey everyone.

I noticed long time ago that if you execute this code script will stop

if eval sv_temp == "StartMenu/NOGLOW_BRANCH/options_container/lb_meter_template_item"
endif

It happens because string on the right side is too long. There's a workaround (see below). But is there another way I don't know of?

let sv_temp2 := "StartMenu/NOGLOW_BRANCH/options_container/lb_meter_template_item"

if eval sv_temp == sv_temp2
endif
Edited by TommInfinite

Odd, the string size looks perfectly ok to me.

If it's in a CO block, try using parentheses : if eval (sv_temp == "thestring")

or reverse the order: if eval "thestring" == sv_temp

or both.

(edit)

If that doesn't solve anything, you may have to use sv_compare.

Edited by DoctaSax

if eval ($GetActiveUIComponentFullName == "StartMenu/NOGLOW_BRANCH/options_container/lb_meter_template_item")
    if eval ("StartMenu/NOGLOW_BRANCH/options_container/lb_meter_template_item" == $GetActiveUIComponentFullName)
    if eval (sv_Compare "StartMenu/NOGLOW_BRANCH/options_container/lb_meter_template_item", sv_temp) == 0 ; sv_temp is GetActiveUIComponentFullName

I tried these and they still broke the script. Have you never encountered that?

Edited by TommInfinite

Maybe it's one of those "Only enplczru" kind of bugs?

Comparing string to a string is working fine. I don't like the idea of declaring string vars each time function checks for something. I also don't like the idea of keeping string variables in .nvse cosave. Maybe I'll use ModLocalData.

I ended up using this code and it works. I think it's less CPU intensive than setting strings every time function is called.

SetModLocalData "UINameTemp01" "StartMenu/NOGLOW_BRANCH/options_container/lb_meter_template_item" ; on game restart
    let sv_temp := GetActiveUIComponentFullName

if eval (sv_temp == GetModLocalData "UINameTemp01")

endif