Can't run windowed borderless in 1440p

ElysianMods

So I have a 1440p 165hz monitor with a GTX 1080 card. I was able to successfully run Skyrim SE in 1440p, but for some reason the option here does not show. If anyone could provide insight, I'd be appreciative.

PS: I'm aware I can force it with Fallout4Prefs.ini, but I'd kind of like to avoid forcing it.

Edited by ElysianMods

Hi

1440 & 4k monitors can be a pain with this game.

First make sure you are using the monitor driver that came with it.

With the old Skyrim I used a 4k monitor set at 1440. Neither resolutions showed up without the driver installed.

On that monitor Fallout 4 only works if the desktop is set at 1440 & the game set to none windowed mode(I play this game at 4k). If not the game loads at 1080 in the top left corner of the screen.

My GTX 1080 is hooked up to a 1330 X 1440 monitor. It looses signal without the monitor driver. I can use widowed borderless with it but Bethesda dose not recognize wide screen. I type it in & use mods to play.

Fallout 4 & Skyrim SE only like 1080 resolution at 60hz. Thankfully they are the only games I play that have issues with my hardware.

FYI. Fallout 3/NV & Oblivion have better high res comparability than Bethesda's newer games.

Later

I have a 4k monitor and a 1440P one and I've never had a problem setting them from that menu, as long as the one I wanted to set was the default monitor and was recognised by windows as either a 4K or 1440P monitor.