ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

NifSkope Transform

Ashengrace

Like i said in my original post, its a port from the game TERA Online. So theres no one i can contact really. My only options are either finding an easy way to be able to do it myself (which so far is totally not working), or getting someone to take on the project of fixing it for me (which doesnt seem likely either). But thats not really the reason for this post.

What i was initially getting at is why are the changes I make to the mesh in NifSkope not registering in game.

Yeah i think you need to do the mdeling to fix this, or well you have to unless someone will help you. As i said, your best bet is to learn a little blender or 3ds max, it might seem timetaking..and it is, but if you just sit down and focus on tutorials for a few days, i bet you will get a better understanding of this and might be able to fix it as well.

Since it's an imported head from another game, you can easily import a vanilla head/armor mesh and your mesh, then align your head/armor to the vanilla one, and parent your head/armor to the bones of the vanilla mesh and try it out, might not be perfect at once, but i think the outcome will be better. Through trial and error you will learn more and more :)

Edited by Sk8on

The changes are not showing because you are not moving the bones as well. Try moving the head bone down in the heads nif and see what happens.

That would be the NiNode, yes?

Yes the NiNode's should be named NPC Head [Head] and NPC Spine2 [spn2] that's attached to the head model. If you move them down unevenly it will cause some strange distortions in the head. I would do the same increment for the bones and the head so you know they were all even. Since the head does normally match with different armor I assume, you might want to make a backup before moving anything there.

I have tried moving the NPC Head node and still no change, and there is no spine node. This is what I have to work with...

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4521/captureibu.th.jpg

And whats really weird is there is already changes that have been made to the X Y and Z translations on the head node, but any further changes done seem to do a damn thing.

I have tried moving the NPC Head node and still no change, and there is no spine node. This is what I have to work with...

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4521/captureibu.th.jpg

And whats really weird is there is already changes that have been made to the X Y and Z translations on the head node, but any further changes done seem to do a damn thing.

have you tried apply transformation after you do the transform ? and if the mesh you transform are skinned you should get a warning that transforming on skinned/animated mesh won't work properly as you expected ....and that is the reason why transforming skinned/animated mesh in nifskope is not always a good idea, well you can tho, but afaik you can only move them slightly.

my best suggestion is try to learn using blender or 3Dmax, i choose blender coz its free and theres plenty of blender tutorials you can find.

Yeah, taking a crash course in blender or 3ds max seems like my only option at this point. I have a ton of model related issues, so it would be really nice to be able to take care of it myself instead of whining on the forums all the time haha.